View Single Post

Wiggly_Dinkus
07.17.2013 , 06:29 AM | #1
Like a lot of players, I have very little time to play and when I get any real time, it is often at odd hours when it is impossible to find others to group with. Like so many games before it, SWTOR is falling into the trap of creating some interesting content but limiting it to groups. In less than 2 weeks I have gotten everything the game has to offer without doing the mind numbing dailies or having a group.

All of the flashpoints and 2/4 man heroics should have a scaled version for solo players. Same rewards, same level of challenge but give the ability for all of the working people that have families and lives to get the most out of it.

I can hear all of the fanbois now... Yes I know I can do daily stuff, I can do crafting and I can roll up another alt and re-do the same stuff I just did. I am not talking about the stuff I can to, I am talking about what I, and a ton of others like me, CAN'T do, and that is play the most fun and rewarding content in the game.

There is a serious lack of player base for finding groups to begin with and will be for a long time to come. Also with the fact that many people work one or more jobs and have families, we don't have the time to spend more time finding a group than we do actually running the content.

For my money, I want to be able to log on, play any content I want that is level appropriate and be able to do it solo.
Many people don't like groups to begin with and would never join any sort of guild but time is still the biggest thing.

I will keep an eye on changes but for now, in well less than a month I have exhausted the game. Those that like groups can always continue to play that way. Those that don't like that or just don't have the time for it, should have the means to do the same content, get the same rewards and get the same value for their money if they are subscribers. Just because all of the other MMO's didn't do it that way, does not mean it wouldn't be better.

I am sure the fanbois will line up quick to flame this and spout the virtues of groups and how the world would fall without them. Save it.
This is my opinion and one I am sure is shared by a majority of the players. I have asked 25 people at random and all 25 loved the idea so the few flamers on a forum would mean nothing.