View Single Post

Asante
07.16.2013 , 06:57 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post

CZ-198 Application

Organism Handler
Quote:

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

Since working as a freelance "entrepreneur" endet in a major financial setback for me - most likely due to some severe miscalculations from my side, I have to admit to my shame - I have more free time on my hands than anyone could hope for and a hole in my pockets that's big enough to hide my ship, so currently I'm finding myself in the unfortunate position of having to take whatever I can get. (You don't have to take the last part literally... I can be a loyal family member and I don't suffer from cleptomania. As long as no one tries to backstab me... uh, even then I wouldn't spontaneously develop a severe case of cleptomania... )
And to answer the question of "Why Czerka?": Well, why not?
Czerka products have always been my trustful companions in rough situations and I couldn't care less about "smear campaigns" and a doubtful reputation. Lies are the real truth - I always say - and the only truth that counts for me is the one I want to be true. And my truth is: Czerka is a great opportunity for someone like me.
To be honest, I doubt I'd fit into an "average" company with my very specific set of traits and mind and Czerka is nothing but extraordinary.
The more I think about it, the more eager I am to get started! I'm so sick of freelance. Employment, here I come!

By the way: I manage to live in a very confined space with an angry Wookiee, a mentally deranged tin-can, a snobbish wanna-be-princess, a farmboy and a few more poeple. Without going ballistic. I should be able to handle a few creatures...
Aside from that I'm handy with medium to long-ranged weaponry, I can fly a ship, can con my way into any party, make men do my bidding with a wink and a gentle twitch of my lekku, look incredibly good in skimpy clothing (not that I think Czerka would benefit from that in any way), can dance and sing (again, not really helpful here I guess), And know my way around the galaxy. Since I've often had to hide as far away as possible from densely inhabited regions, I have a profound knowledge of all manners of beasts. (It's always good to know which ones are likely to mistake you for a snack.)

Quote:

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

I have to admit, that's a tough one, since I had a few bad experiences with boasting about my accomplishments. Theoretically it's never a bad thing to have "good credentials", but people like me need to be careful with "what to tell who and when it's best to keep your hatch shut". Little me already has more than enough big fish who're trying to eat her.
But I think there are a few things I can tell:
1.: Hutt's aren't as clever as they think they are, and fat worms fall deep and land hard if you push them over the edge of their pleasure barges.
2.: If you save a whole species from going extinct, some bio-engineers might be inclined to name the re-born species after you.
3.: Might sound odd, but: Still being alive! (And that's NOT a family milestone...)

Quote:

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

Let's do this one short:
Do I want to win? Yes.
Do I want to live? Yes. (Never ask me to throw myself into a sarlacc pit in order to save someone's life...)
Do I object to violence? Not really, though I generally try to resort to different means. I hate blood on my clothes.
Do I object to fatal incidents due to applications of violence? Sad but true: blaster fire hurts a lot and some people are just so... clumsy/unlucky/idiotic. Means: No. Usually they've had it coming. Thinking about it: Everyone's having it coming!
Do I object to using all my assets to achieve my goals? No. Though I prefer flesh over blasters. Giving them a chance never hurts, eh? Yes, deep down I'm a little yellow softie. With a bite. And a pair of blasters. Let's just say I believe in giving people the chance to use their brains before shooting them. Some people just need that extra time.
Do I object to twisting the truth? *whistles innocently* Who'd lie? Not me! No... never...

So, this should be enough for you to interpret me in this regard. I like to be successful and I like to live. Call me a manipulative little "female dog" as much as you want. I don't give a *peep* as long as I'm coming out on top and alive. Though I'm patient. It doesn't have to be today. It can be tomorrow or the day after. And it doesn't have to be with a big bang and a gush of blood. It can be silent and indirect. The smart one with the long breath and a good intuition usually tends to be true winner...

Quote:

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?
Are we talking about your company's moral compass? Society's? Mine? And how do you define "questionable"?
I mean, I do have a moral compass. I like it. It's mine. (It's shiny!) I generally don't care about what others say. Though I'm flexible enough to adjust my compass to my employers' pole. If it pays. And if it is for "the greater good"... *cough*... whatever that's supposed to mean. Ah I love flexible wording.
With enough effort everyone's able to convince himself that white's in truth black. Whatever it takes to make you fall asleep in the evening. With a happy smile, a clear conscience and the knowledge that in the end absolutely nothing you or anyone does or doesn't do matters, since we're all going to die and every single one of us is of as much importance as a single ants' fart in tornado.
I just like to give people chances. I don't really care whether they make good use of them or not. Guess that counts as a weakness, doesn't it?
Quote:

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?
May I ask a question first? Was that "esteemed" irony?
Well, first of all, experiments running loose in the facility, no matter whether I'm around or not are a bad thing. No one likes being eaten and a company cannot afford loosing precious material, uh personnel. So I need to be sure that thing's staying where it is.
The different question is: Do I secretly fix the problem before it actually occurs, or do I take care of being able to take credit myself and discredit that "esteemed colleague"?
Personal advancement's always a good thing, but teamwork is important too, since I need to be able to rely on co-workers, or I'll end up being the unlucky one who's getting eaten by an experiment on the loose because the whole department's the type of people who don't give a **** as long as they're not in imminent danger themselves.
Hmmm that's a tough decision to make without knowing any potential co-workers. But it would be based on factors like the ones I've already mentioned and: "do I think the department's better off / safer without that jerk or not" and "do I benefit from helping that one". You know... things like that...