View Single Post

07.16.2013 , 06:46 PM | #193
Application for the Position of
Biochemical Engineer

1. Please tell us a little about yourself.

My name is Eri Kana. I was inducted as a youngling into the Jedi Order as an initiate after a Jedi Negotiator rescued me from a spice-junkie in a local kolto clinic on the capital planet of Coruscant. When the Jedi Master took me from the arms of the transgressor after successful negotiations, he told me he felt a pulse in the force unlike anything he'd felt in one as young as I. From there he returned me to my parents where they negotiated my adoption into the Jedi Order. Ultimately my parents agreed, of course, and although I can't recall much about my parents, I do not remember a harsh goodbye. I feel no ill-will towards them and I believe that they are happy with their decision to give me up to a higher purpose.

During my time I've taken a passion in Biological Chemistry as well as Biological Analysis. I've studied and mastered the two and would be happy to utilize my knowledge for the corporation. I've also participated in and oversaw numerous Diplomatic assignments and am versatile in the art of communication.

2. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

As Jedi, knowledge is key to establishing harmony throughout the galaxy. Numerous members of my order devote themselves to one people on one planet for years at a time, to learn from them and to understand for the good of the galaxy. By following the footsteps of my masters before me, I would like to represent my order and join your corporation to better understand your motives & assist in any operations my constitution approves of.

3. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

(1.) During my time on Tython studying as a Padawan, I was tasked to set out into flesh raider territory to divert a misplaced uprising. On my way to complete my mission I found a boy who was missing from his mother and was being held captive by a flesh-raider. I brokered a peace between the Flesh Raider to allow a safe return for the boy on his way back. In return the flesh raider wished to be allowed access to the Jedi Temple where he would be trained as Jedi. The negotiation was successful and my masters agreed. The boy was returned home and the Flesh Raider was given a chance to become a Jedi. This accomplishment not only shows that peace may be made in the most hostile of places, but also that where there is the will to accept and understand- even the most volatile of creatures can aspire to be good.

(2.) Another accomplishment I deem notable is my intervention on Balmorra. Through strategic strikes and cooperation with local insurgent groups. I was able to give the people of Balmorra a fighting chance against the oppressive evil of the Empire.

(3.) I also defeated the Sith Emperor. Yes it's anti-climactic & no I'm not proud of this achievement since it was an unfortunately violent end. But It is rather noteworthy and I thought it'd look pretty nice on an application.

4. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above.?

The turning tide for every single one of my successful operations were the men and women behind the scenes making what I did possible. I give all credit to the team that served along side me throughout all of my endeavors. The perseverance of me and my team is what carried us through to the end. Without Unity we are alone, alone we are destined to fall, Czerka understands this.

5. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

I will go above and beyond to complete any task assigned to me. It is the Jedi way to serve calm and collected, so that he/she can do whatever it takes and not compromise the mission with emotion or doubts.

6. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?

As stated above I am ready and capable of serving without being compromised by emotion or moral doubts. A Jedi serves without fear or doubts in what they are doing. Logic is my compass.

7. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?

I would take the initiative and administer the appropriate sedative for the biological experiment (assuming). If it were mechanical, however I would attempt to find it's access panel and commence the necessary shutdown protocols. After which I would return to snacking on delicious Mannan prawn and sipping Alderannian wine. Once my colleague returned I would proceed to calling them a nerf-herder and a muggle.