View Single Post

Maullum
07.16.2013 , 06:13 PM | #184
CZ-198 Application

Position: Security
Name: Stridr Dorvald

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?
I'm a... uh... freelance ex-military mercenary currently operating as a job-by-job basis bodyguard on Nar Shaddaa. No family and no permanent residence. Why do I want to be part of Czerka? Well, it beats not knowing where your next cheque comes from that's for sure. In all honesty, it's the appeal of a fresh start. Since leaving my last post on Tython and renouncing my ties to the Jedi-- I mean military, I've been on the run, alone for quite some time. Having a certifiable home base and a steady stream of work is exactly what I'm looking for. Space is dark and a wholly lonely place. Being constantly moving on whatever transport you can find is tiresome and makes space seem even less friendly. I need a family, and that makes me think I might just need Czerka.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)
I'm single and childless so that's that. Things I'm proud of? Eliminating a Sith child-recruitment facility on Nar Shaddaa, "aggressive negotiations" and the elimination of three corrupt governors (and in one case a sleeper agent) on Coruscant. Eliminating a Darth before he could be returned to the Empire for PoWs. All three accomplishments, as you may have noticed, are things that the, erm, Republic military do not agree with. Nevertheless, sometimes a hardened heart and a recognition of what needs to be done are necessary. If I were to add one more to the list it would be leaving the Republic. It was hard, but in the end it and her leadership proved that it really doesn't recognise its own threat. In the end, I not only left, but I released myself from protecting it. If the Republic wants to capitulate to the Empire, let it.

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?
I suppose I went a bit long on the last one so I'll keep this short. Yes, I'll do almost whatever it takes. The almost means that I'll still prioritise. For example, a woman hired me to protect her and her son from unknown threats. When the attack came, I had been sent out to bring her son back home. She then called, telling me to come to her aid. I also received a similar message from her son. Naturally, I prioritised the son over the mother, as he was the future of her company (a note she made to me earlier). After ensuring the son's safety, I naturally went back, but unfortunately I was too late. I later learned that they had both set bounties against one another. A fact I now have to legally mention whenever repeating this.

\4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?
No. Do I have strong morals? Absolutely, but the bigger objective comes first. Unless the objective is wholly against my values (like exploding a heavily populated planet for no reason), then I will put the objective first. Even if that takes some distasteful acts.

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?
Attempted capture and reconfinement, if failed, neutralization is the only option. Following that, confinement of the "esteemed colleague" pending an investigation. Then, obviously, a thorough investigation to find responsibility. If said "esteemed colleague" is found to be at fault then interrogation and handing said person to the authorities, if not, release, and attempted capture/reconfinement of the person at fault. Failing that, neutralization. If there is time left, go back to partaking in complimentary snacks. No cocktails, I don't drink.
Both the light and dark are flawed, it is the balance which amazes all.