View Single Post

Inflicktion
07.16.2013 , 06:11 PM | #183
((Love the nod to RPers here, BW, thanks!))

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post

CZ-198 Application: Organism Handler

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?
Born to the icy depths of Csila I took particular interest in the indigenous that called such a place home. By every indication in my studies such extremes would have rendered the planet inhabitable to most species, but evolution had proved the contrary. Even my own species is said to have ascended from human origin. Naturally when the Chiss Ascendancy offered me a role as a biological researcher I took it. I was to travel to Imperial-held worlds and study the species on each; studying the peculiarities of every creature from Womp Rat to Rancor! The end goal being the recipe for the perfect genetic specimen. Unfortunately, however, as my research progressed the Ascendancy became increasingly concerned with the shape it was taking so they pulled the plug. But how could you stop a painter from his art?

Taking my data I fled the Ascendancy in search for a more understanding home; a family like Czerka. While my experience might make me most suited for a Biochemical Engineer, I profess I have little desire to continue research in that field. However, I deem myself more than capable of the role Organism Handler, and I think my experience will prove a necessary positive when compared to other applicants. It's an important position that must be filled! I believe to overlook, or fill the position with a 'brute' if you will, would be a terrible mistake! Admittedly my reasons might be a bit selfish, but I assure you I'm the perfect candidate regardless!

Quote:
2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of.
  • Successfully spliced a Gizka and a Nekarr Cat! Unfortunately, the end result was not quite as anticipated and had to be exterminated to avoid replication.
  • Successfully identified, and removed, one Bothan from the stomach lining of a hungry Rancor. Despite successful extraction neither patient made it.
  • Received one Chiss 'Medal of Recognition' for his extended expertise on all matters of biological study; earned extra high marks in post-mortem examination.

Quote:
3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?
I've earned said achievements with inquisitive approach and an open mind! While others might just see a rabid monstrosity and a venomous maw when they see the Chemilizards of Hutta, I see opportunity! Beautiful potential hid behind a most vile exterior! But rest assured it's there! If I wouldn't do "whatever it takes" I would not be applying today Persistence is one of my many traits!

Quote:
4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?
I think the real question is if I were to come to you with an experiment that could possibly be viewed as, ethically questionable, could I expect a higher level of leniency than I'd otherwise be afforded?

Quote:
5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?
What an excellent inquiry! I could only hope to be so lucky! Not only would it be an excellent opportunity to study a new specimen in a foreign location; my colleague's glaring mistakes would open the steps straight to promotion! In such a situation I would most likely find a spot to conceal myself. If I felt the situation was appropriate I might even call in an unsuspecting research assistant to record the experiment's reaction. Assuming the specimen isn't one that's too hostile I would administer a sedative and return it to its confines after collecting sufficient data.