View Single Post

Swim
07.16.2013 , 05:50 PM | #171
Applicant: Korin Solewsar
Desired Position: Security Officer

I know you guys are busy so Iíll make this simple. Iím the best in the business.

I donít usually apply for jobs, people usually come to me with contracts ready to sign because they know Iím the one to come to if you want a job done right. But Iíll humor you guys in case youíre in the very small handful of people who donít already know who I am.

Iím Korin. Thatís Captain Korin, the outlaw Voidhound, the Scourge of Hutts, that Korin. I've gone toe to toe with criminal masterminds like Nok Drayen and Rogun the Butcher and walked away having inherited a significant piece of their empires. I've dealt with every piece of scum this galaxy can cough up, from Skavik to the Voidwolf, I've seen it all.

People often ask me my secret. Iím a self taught pilot and fighter with no formal training, and yet the Republic military routinely calls me in to perform ops that their finest wonít touch. I've put down overconfident Sith Lords, droids of every make and model imaginable, over-active wildlife and every single bounty hunter who has come to collect on me. And a very pompous duke who wasn't as quick of a draw as he fancied himself. The point is, Iím the best there is, accept no substitutes. Youíre not going to find anybody that fights like I fight.

But fighting isn't all I can do. Iím such a smooth talker, half the time it doesn't even come to blasters. I've talked my way into high security areas, convinced mercenaries to switch sides and even conned my wife into marrying me. The other day I even had a Hutt groveling at my feet (he didn't actually get there but it was fun to see him try) just dying to give me all of his wealth so Iíd transport him off an exploding planet.

As your Security Officer, you can rest easy knowing nothing gets by me and my crew. My chief enforcers are a 7 foot tall Wookie who has spent the last 108 years fighting death matches in arenas across the galaxy, never been defeated, and an ill-tempered Mandalorian with a penchant for setting people on fire. I myself am a smuggler by trade, I know all the ins and outs of the business. While my associates see to it that no one breaks into your facility, I can guarantee that none of your employees will be sneaking Czerka technology out for any unauthorized profit.

That's enough for a cover letter. Now that you know who I am and what I do, I suppose its time to get into your application questions.

Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?
1. As a newly married man, Iím looking for a line of work that is slightly less hazardous to my well being. Contracts with the Republic, however lucrative, have a tendency to end with my getting shot at. I see Czerka as a stable workplace, one where I can excel, pick up a steady paycheck from week to week, and bear witness as revolutionary technology is developed right in front of me. And since Iím such a catch, a partnership with Czerka just makes sense for everyone involved.

At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)
2. i. One of the proudest moments of my life was my role in the liberation of my home planet, Corellia. After breaking the Sith Empireís grip planet-side and introducing three Dark Council members to the business end of my blaster, I flew back into orbit and took command of one of the largest fleets ever assembled, that of a united criminal underworld. Under my direction, we decimated the orbiting Sith fleet, crippling the Sith navy and leaving the Republic very much in my debt.
ii. Another proud moment was time I raided Nok Drayenís treasure ship. As it was being sucked into a black hole. I fought through an army of battle droids and carried what treasure I could back to my ship before hauling jets out of there. Among the treasures I acquired was the lost crown of the planet Dubrillion, where I intend to be live as King, just as soon as the pesky civil war there dies down.
iii. Most recently, I helped evacuate an entire planet full of people, and forced the Hutt Cartel to finance their settlement expenses on a new world. Bargaining with Hutts isn't easy, but then Iím something of an expert on the matter, and I got the people what they deserved.

How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?
3. I prefer to think of all my goals in terms of flying a starship. Sometimes you canít go directly there, sometimes you need to take the longer route to avoid a pirate skirmish or avoid bouncing too close to a supernova. Sometimes a delivery takes multiple stops to complete. But the important thing is to keep the eventual destination in mind. Then no matter how you get sidetracked or what delays you run into, youíll get where youíre going. I find that keeping my eye on the prize is a metaphor for success, if I know what Iím fighting for nothing in the galaxy can keep me down.

Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?
4. Sure I have a strong moral compass! Unless youíre paying me not to.

You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?
5. No reason I canít enjoy a few choice beverages while putting down dangerous lab experiments. Trust me, my crew and I have practiced. Twelve shots of Rancor Blood and I was still hitting bullís-eyes. I had a couple Tatooine Sunburns after that and I swear, I was unstoppable. I pulled the ears off of this gundark and arm-wrestled a Wookie into submission. Iím probably not even making that up.

At this point Iím sure youíre convinced, Iíll be waiting for your holo-call to talk salary. I am a 100% dependable individual who exudes honesty, trustworthiness and above all class; and this is in no way phase one of an elaborate heist to rob you blind and leave you eating my space dust.