View Single Post

Rhesus_TOR
07.16.2013 , 04:56 PM | #149
Rhesos
Jedi Covenant

CZ-198 Application: Biochemical Engineer

1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

I am called Rhesos. Otherwise, who I am is not important.

What I am seeking however - well. Yes. My interest in your family has very very much to do with your cohesion and single-mindedness of purpose; that of self-extension. Most factions, most governments and collectives, they wax and wane with the petty desires of those near the top scrapping for their own personal gain, but I'm looking for something a little less tangible than currency or accolades.

Knowledge and the benefits afforded by that knowledge are what I seek and I feel it is fortunate we find ourselves crossing, maybe aligning paths towards a singular purpose - together. Your material resources and my technological prowess could both leverage one another for a, mutual, and significant benefit.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)
Of those experiences for which simple written language can suffice as a means of communication, I can think of three recent events:

For several years I spent a good deal of time studying and mastering the technologies of the Rakatans. While inelegantly bureaucratic and mired by foolish Rakatan societal structuring, their artifical intelligences and materials technologies have proven to be useful to me on an ongoing basis. The knowledge didn't come without some effort on my part though. There was one particularly arrogant entity calling itself "the infernal one" who had the temerity to try to deny me access to the contents of a certain vault. I walked away, unscathed, with the knowledge and technology I had come seeking while its assumed agelessness was left twisted into a rather ugly end.

On another occassion, I found myself called to that charmingly barren and icy little world, Ilum, where I was given the opportunity to experience an intelligence both startlingly old and cruelly elegant in its abstraction of reality. Using some of the augmentation techniques I had acquired from my time studying the Rakatans, I mastered the languages of the ancient Gree and managed to gain their most explicit of trusts in astonishingly short time. Their reality-bending technologies have become invaluable to me in my daily work now.

Most recently though, and most disturbingly, I have found myself at odds with a group of aging force wielders calling themselves the dread masters. I'll be the first to admit they possess an intimidating appearance and pedigree, but the only dread they've managed to instill in me is that which comes from their haphazard wieldings of the scraps of technologies they've managed to pool together. It was the fallout from these puerile manipulations of spacetime that brought the Gree to my door. They came asking for help in an attempt to stop the chaos from engulfing what of the Gree enclave were left in a material state. I obliged, first on Asation where the guard's cowardice had them manipulate a pathetically simple creature, and again later, more directly against the guard, on Darvannis. Some would say I treated the guard harshly on Darvannis. I would be more inclined to say I showed a measure of pity in not wholly discorporating them when I finished playing with them.

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?
How? Whatever it takes? These seem like silly questions. Would you ask the twin suns of Tattooine how they rise and fall over rocky ruins? Would you ask a Gree singularity the means by which so many trillions of minds were unbound from their bodies and coalesceced into a infinitesimally small quantum of unimaginable intelligence?

How I accomplish what I accomplish isn't really of consequence now is it? That once set to a task, a task's completion is seen - is many time exceeded, would appear to be all that matters. No?

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?
Morality is...? I don't really follow what you mean. Is this something to do with the primitive notions of "good" and "evil?" Some bipolar set of arbitrary judgements applied to actions that favor or disfavor one of two values? I don't see how so limiting a categorical system would apply to our mutual goals.

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?
Hmm. Interesting question. The experiment, will it interact with those colleague's in such a way that I might be able to gauge its effectiveness against the colleagues? Will the colleagues be equipped in ways to try to counter or disable the experiment? Will I get the chance to engage the experiment myself and have the time later to improve on the findings? There are just too many possibilities opened by the scenario you've provided and the mind reels at the opportunities to learn from the unintended interactions you propose.

I would very much like to be a part of this scenario, but I would expect full write-ups on the colleagues and the experiment so I could have a better insight into the context about which you're making proposals. Can we schedule a time to talk more about the parameters of the experiment? I've had some ideas lately involving the highly adaptive and mutagenic capabilities of the Rakghoul virus and I think your "loosed experiment" could be the perfect vehicle for testing some theories I have about both accelerated and forced evolution in high metabolism higher functioning species.