View Single Post

07.16.2013 , 04:18 PM | #129
1. Please tell us a little about yourself. Why do you want to be a part of the Czerka family?

My name is Alyx Dinas. I am an ex-employee of Corellian Transports and Exports, a shipping concern within the Galactic Republic. During my time with the company, I achieved a position of leadership and managed various company events and mediated interpersonal disputes. I believe this makes me a clear choice for a security officer at Czerka Corporation. I am forward, direct, and tackle situations quickly and efficiently.

Why do I want to be part of the Czerka family? Probably because you used the word family.

The galaxy is not a kind place. It has more negative space between the stars than you'd imagine. And even stars die. People leave. Initiatives fail. Friendships collapse into black holes. After a while, you start to feel that there's no place where you can achieve something. Be someone. No place where you're welcome.

I want to join Czerka because I want a family. Better yet, I want a family I can make proud. That I can serve to the best of my abilities and can offer me work that makes me go home at the day satisfied in a complete way. I want to join Czerka because I want to be something more than myself.

I want to join Czerka because, maybe, just maybe, we'll create more stars.

2. At Czerka, we pride ourselves on our accomplishments. Please name three of your accomplishments that you are most proud of. (Please do not include family milestones such as marriages or the birth of your children.)

- I created and continue to maintain an extensive program to track wanted criminals across the galaxy. This system has received countless mentions on the public holonet over the last standard galactic year.

- I managed the security for two large swoop races, one of which (The CTE Vertical City Swoopstakes) was also subject to recognition on the holo.

- Prior to the massive reset of these holonet forums, I wrote an article regarding the Republic Military that was permanently attached to the top of the forum frequented by Republic Troopers.

((I believe it was the only stickied RP guide in the website's history.))

3. How did you go about achieving the accomplishments above. Would you say you would do "whatever it takes" for success?

Success require commitment. Most people say they will do something because they enjoy being able to tell people that they are doing something. People of achievement? They say the will do something because they will do it. They will labor for hours over the small detail, they will look at all angles to make sure that their work is not just good work but excellent work.

My own achievements give me no shortage of pride. They are initiatives of scale, recognized by peers. But that's not why we push ourselves to succeed. It's not why I worked to do what I did. Recognition is a side note.

I said I would achieve, so I did. I can look other people in the eye and know that through my time and my efforts I've created something of my own. Something that people shared in. Something that left a mark.

4. Would you say you have a strong moral compass? Do you think this could get in the way of your job, should you be asked to do something...questionable?

Not everyone can work on the cure for Brainrot or Silicalung. Work is work. What matters is if the work is fulfilling. That's what makes you sleep at night. Knowing that you did a fine job at something.

So, would my moral compass get in the way of my job? Not at all. Why? Because the job's my compass.

5. You are about to enjoy our wide variety of complimentary cocktails and snacks, when you notice that your esteemed colleague's newest experiment is likely to break out of their confines while you are gone. How would you handle this situation?

I would first check to see if I knew the experiment's general position in the company's concerns. Czerka does a strong job of categorizing projects with quick call up designations. This would take little more than a few seconds with my datapad. If the experiment is above the middle line of projected worth, I would call for an immediate evacuation and subsequent quarantine of the area until specimen control could arrive.

However, should the experiment not meet this criteria (ie. the cost of specimen sterilization is minor compared to the cost of their release), I would order sterilization immediately in order to prevent risk to any other experiments, prototypes, or projects of value. Also, employees.

In either case, my coworker will be immediately reported and a follow up of security suggestions would be forwarded to the proper parties.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."