View Single Post

GalnarDegana
07.15.2013 , 09:37 PM | #29
Seeing as they are putting together the vote soon, I want to speak up for the PvPers in the vote. I don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but I just want to say that for example I am mostly a PvP guy, but I understand the PvE game. If elected, I'm sure any PvPer will be eager to seek out discussions with PvE experts (especially the probable sniper rep, Paowee). Whether or not I am selected, I will be highly interested in participating with the representative if I am not the "chosen one." I think one advantage of picking a dedicated PvPer, is we bring a special combo of versatility and knowledge of how our class interacts with all of the other classes. I know personally it has prompted me to study the 'Slinger since launch in depth, even had my advanced class guide stickied since March 2012. I dearly love all of our specs, particularly Saboteur at the moment for the utility, but I was playing Sharpshooter just today because I like the way it feels too. Also, DF is a fun break, though a little energy intensive with crit so hard to come by post-2.0. But I digress.

I think the reps' jobs will be less about our opinion, and more about gathering the community's opinion and using our knowledge to filter out the bad stuff. In the words of our beloved smuggler patron saint Malcolm Reynolds: "I got no rudder. Wind blows northerly, I go north. That's who I am." Be our representatives' wind. We'll be flyin' shiny.

Also, everyone should visit Paowee's thread to get started in presenting your opinion! Well done getting the community goin'!