View Single Post

chuixupu
07.13.2013 , 01:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hikaru View Post
Unless you are talking to james behind the scenes i don't see how that can be true..
Jjames has always been against making it open source, he hinted that if he found someone with the"Right Skills" and if he "REALLY Likes" him, he "MIGHT" consider passing it along.

Given the fact that there are too many Ifs in that statement and that he gave no indication of what his goal/qualification would be for someone to take over, i take it he doesn't want to pass it along but wants to be nice about it instead of just saying hey i am killing it and no i am not letting anyone continue it(which he is within his rights to do so).
From his end of service announcement:

Quote:
Lastly, I will consider only serious offers to transition the project to another development team. I would love to see this project last beyond just my own involvement. If you're experienced and interested, please contact me at james@torparse.com. If there is no interest in transitioning the project, the website and ingame client will go down as planned on 27 July 2013.
That sounds like more than an if to me, I think he'd just outright say he's not interested in passing it on if that was the case.

Anyway, a lot of people also recommend ACT, though I wasn't really crazy about the format myself.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant