View Single Post

Lokyn
07.13.2013 , 08:49 AM | #1
Hey all. I'm looking for the most versatile tank class in the game. By versatile I'm meaning a tank class that can fill a competitive roll in most aspects of the game as tank spec & Dps spec (pve and pvp).

As an example most would be able to relate to I'll use a druid from WoW as a example of what I'm interrested in finding. I played a druid in WoW, a setup in playstyle I am always drawn to in many mmo's before and after wow (the jack of all trades type class). The druid I could roll as heals, tank, dps, and caster. If I got bored with 1 aspect of the class or guild needs a different roll filled, I could switch spec and not have to grind another toon to max level to fill that role.

Due to this particular time in my life I'm very limited in play time and unable to experiement with each toon enough to find out which fills the rolls I'm always interrested in playing most. This is why I'm hitting up you veterans, hoping to pick your brain to find a match or near match to this problem of mine.

So with no more ado, here are my 4 questions.

Again this only applies to Tank class toons since tanking is my main roll love.

Tank spec:
1) Which tank specced class proves more to be a Bonus rather than hHindrance in any given pug PvP Warzone?
2) Which tank specced class proves more to be most useful/desired in end game PvE raiding? Jug/Guard first, PT/Vanguard 2nd I understand from research. Sound correct?

DPS spec:
3) Which Tank class specced as DPS proves more to be a Bonus rather than a Hindrance in any given pug PvP Warzone?
4) Which Tank class specced as DPS proves to be most useful/desired in end game PvE raiding?

Thanks in advance.
"The difference between treason and patriotism is only a matter of dates." Alexandre Dumas