View Single Post

EricMusco
07.11.2013 , 10:50 AM | #110 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
Now that I have read through this, it concerns me. In effect, the representative is just a secretary that compiles the top 3 questions. The rep provides no feedback and there is no two way street for making a class better. The rep's "job" is the same of the Bioware Employee's that are supposed to be monitoring the forums and communicating with the Dev team.

here I originally liked this concept (at least the one I had assumed) I am now very concerned about this one. It leads me to questions about how much of the feedback we post during PTS was really relayed? Are bugs still in this game because no one on the Dev team knows (Even though we post about it)?

If the people who have the jobs of interacting and relaying information from the Community to the Dev team are not doing that job, why are they not being fired? Why does the community have to do their job for free? If they are too busy, why are more not hired? Why are we picking up the tab for free?
This is certainly an interesting question to raise, and you are probably not alone in asking it so I thought I would answer it. Except the part about me being fired of course

There are two parts to your post I want to hit, first bugs being reported and not fixed. Amber could come into this thread and attest to just how vigilant we are about tracking bugs and passing them on to the development team. In fact, that is a large part of Amber's job on the team! Unfortunately, just passing a bug onto the dev folks doesn't guarantee it suddenly gets fixed. The devs have to juggle developing future content, all bug fixes, and many other tasks. Sometimes that one bug may just be a lower priority than something else that is being worked on, and this includes coming from PTS.

As for us as a team passing information on to the dev team to get answers, this is absolutely something we do. I work constantly to try to get answers to questions you guys have here on the forums. However, sometimes I am just unable to provide an answer which is why it may appear we are remaining quiet. The other issue, is that sometimes even when we provide answers, you guys will feel like we are ignoring the question you are trying to ask. Class Reps solve both of these problems.

First, this new initiative allowed me to get a "guarantee" of sorts from the combat folks that no matter what we throw at them, they will give you some sort of answer to that question. Like I said in the intro, this may not always be exactly what you want to hear, but it will be an answer. Secondly, we can't be answering the wrong questions since you the community get to choose them.

At the end of the day this is of course something that we could do as a Community team and should the Class Reps not work out as we hope, we will continue to work on getting you answers about Classes. However, in the meantime this new system allows us a cool new opportunity to work together and I hope you guys can see it as that.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]