View Single Post

FlyinSpaghetti
07.08.2013 , 01:50 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TrillOG- View Post
Step forward....? How is making content where you can just bring 4 sents or 4 slingers or a mix of both and just maul through content literally a step forward? If they continue to put out content like this I'm out, and I'm sure there will be plenty in the same boat. Im not even looking forward to these fps because of the lack of form, sure hm still will take a minimal amount of coordination, but the truth is I don't play this game to just bomb through it all with 4 dps. Plus, 8 man? So basically 8 people just pounding on a target with little else? Sounds awesome.
Quite simply for queue times, I'm not saying they should replace all role based flashpoints but anything that keeps you active with the game rather than sitting at fleet waiting for a tank or healer to pop in group finder is a step in the right direction.

While trinity role systems should remain for serious content the game does need some content that breaks away from that so when there are no tanks or healers you can still play it, just you wont get as rewarded as playing in a proper flashpoint.

As for roleless 8 mans, they could work if the bosses were more mechanic focused/puzzle orientated (which they generally are compared to GW2). The problem GW2 has is the champions/bosses don't really give you any real mechanics to follow therefore you get the massive zerg of people just jumping in >DPS'ing> Dying>Getting Rev'd> and repeat until the boss dies and you get your chest at the end.

TOR has the benefit there as a lot of content is already heavily mechanic focus, bioware wouldn't have to look far for inspiration on how a roleless op or 8 man flashpoint could possibly work and not be a pure zerg.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!