We Need Clarification

Superman_AZ

If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

-eric

awesome eric, thanks:)

edit

LOL all the tears from the "veterans" are delicious, please QQ more and unsub, i sure superman_AZ and us "lazy , entitled, have it now " casuals will spend enough cash to recoup your sub(s) lost within a month :p

as always...EWOK FOR CC;)

Edited by astrobearx

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can those who are against to this have some sort of a petition? It seems that what they're doing is not fair - especially those who pretty much worked their way to legacy level 40.

Hey folks,

Just wanted to let you know that no petition is necessary, you will be able to acquire Treek via Cartel Market if you so choose. Having her be a part of the Legacy system allowed an avenue for players to get her without spending any of their Cartel Coins if they wanted!

-eric

They don't care much for petitions :D Even the one that would have gone in our favor anyway.

If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

-eric

You guys really never learn do you. So you value the subs buy giving them 500 ccs which a lot of them could care less about and you make everything we worked for gained by money. It's not P2W but it's a slap in the face to people that actually played the game long enough to earn a high legacy level. Thanks for continuing to not value the subs. It's no wonder there's a post about one several leaving everyday in here. :-/

-eric

I think the real questions are these:

#1: Does the story have to be completed on at least one character before you can use cartel coins?

#2: How many Cartel Coins does she cost?

I do hope the story must be completed before using Cartel Coins, just as HK was. That would reduce the 'P2W' concerns a little bit. Also, I hope she is a reasonable price. Subscribers get a bare minimum of 500 a month, and just got 500 extra. I hope she is something reasonable like the 350 I've been hearing HK costs. In other words: HK wasn't P2W. You could argue it, because of his crafting bonuses, but the fact is that you still have to do the quest. A rather in-depth quest, I might add.

Note that every single one of Eric Musco's information bits about Treek apply to HK as well. He's part of the legacy system. He can be bought with credits, or with Cartel Coins. He is a universal crafter.

All these things are the same, so I think the true question, Eric, is this: Is she set up the exact same as HK? Must you complete the story on one character before buying her on others, and can you complete the story on multiple characters so that you needn't pay the 1 million or the undisclosed amount of CC? Because, if this isn't the case, it should be. We liked how you handled HK. So I strongly suggest you either do the same here, or confirm that you already have.

I think the real questions are these:

#1: Does the story have to be completed on at least one character before you can use cartel coins?

#2: How many Cartel Coins does she cost?

I do hope the story must be completed before using Cartel Coins, just as HK was. That would reduce the 'P2W' concerns a little bit. Also, I hope she is a reasonable price. Subscribers get a bare minimum of 500 a month, and just got 500 extra. I hope she is something reasonable like the 350 I've been hearing HK costs. In other words: HK wasn't P2W. You could argue it, because of his crafting bonuses, but the fact is that you still have to do the quest. A rather in-depth quest, I might add.

Note that every single one of Eric Musco's information bits about Treek apply to HK as well. He's part of the legacy system. He can be bought with credits, or with Cartel Coins. He is a universal crafter.

All these things are the same, so I think the true question, Eric, is this: Is she set up the exact same as HK? Must you complete the story on one character before buying her on others, and can you complete the story on multiple characters so that you needn't pay the 1 million or the undisclosed amount of CC? Because, if this isn't the case, it should be. We liked how you handled HK. So I strongly suggest you either do the same here, or confirm that you already have.

There is no story or quest for Treek. You walk up to a vendor buy a certificate and then you unlock them. No long quest chain like HK which doesn't really surprise me if they are going to make it on the cartel market with no requirements.

People once said that getting rid of corpse runs, giving mounts at lower levels, removing permadeath and removing or limiting death penalties were destroying games.

As games march forward to appeal to a wider casual audience folks tend to complain. Simply put, traditional or hardcore players are now the minority in the market, and have mostly moved on to other more challenging games. The MMO market is now supported by casual players, and as such is slowly transforming to cater to that playerbase.

One can say this is destroying games...or one could say it is symptomatic of hardcore gamers no longer having interest. I think it's the latter, and I think MMOs are better for the loss.

When I want challenging play or PVP I load up Battlefield or Call of Duty. When I want to be entertained I play an MMO.

What is the point of even grinding the rep to get the companion if I could have just played wallet warrior?

LAME.

This probably won't be the first time this happens. The fact there is no reason to grind anything anymore and just throw cash at the game, is probably going to become the norm

People once said that getting rid of corpse runs, giving mounts at lower levels, removing permadeath and removing or limiting death penalties were destroying games.

As games march forward to appeal to a wider casual audience folks tend to complain. Simply put, traditional or hardcore players are now the minority in the market, and have mostly moved on to other more challenging games. The MMO market is now supported by casual players, and as such is slowly transforming to cater to that playerbase.

One can say this is destroying games...or one could say it is symptomatic of hardcore gamers no longer having interest. I think it's the latter, and I think MMOs are better for the loss.

When I want challenging play or PVP I load up Battlefield or Call of Duty. When I want to be entertained I play an MMO.

You bringing up challenge and battlefield is ridiculous. I feel that MMOs are worse for the loss of hardcore gamers because without hardcore players it becomes a single player game. Why have raids with casuals running the game? Why have any sort of gear progression if casuals run the game.

There is no story or quest for Treek. You walk up to a vendor buy a certificate and then you unlock them. No long quest chain like HK which doesn't really surprise me if they are going to make it on the cartel market with no requirements.

It's a part of the legacy system, not the Cartel Market.

Considering that subscribers earn Cartel Coins, too, why keep the legacy requirement in place at all?

Requirements should be consistent, either legacy 40 for both options or no legacy requirements for either options.

In its current form, its blatantly obvious that the devs don't care the slightest about people who actually devote a lot of their time to playing the game. They just want everyone to use CCs for everything.

If they had any sense it would either be:

1. CC option: legacy 40 + CC; Legacy option: legacy 40 + 1 million credits

2. CC option: no legacy + CC; Legacy option: no legacy + 1 million credits

3. CC option: no legacy + CC; Legacy option: legacy 40 + no credits

Since they obviously rejected option 1, they should either pick 2 or 3. Removing the legacy requirement from the credit purchase option or make the unlock free at legacy 40. I believe option 3 could still show us that the devs still care about the hardcore gamers that did devote a lot of their time to playing the game and actually reached legacy 40.

But like this? The credit purchase option is completely irrelevant since even subscribers will bypass it with Cartel Coins to save credits.

Go ahead Bioware, keep alienating your players...

Edited by CommanderKeeva

This is the kind of attitude that is destroying video games. If you can't put in the time you shouldn't be able to buy your way out. I bet you wish you could buy HK 51 on the cartel market because the quest is too long. The people who don't have legacy 40 should not be able to get this.

^^^^^^ No wonder why they keep shelling out CM updates, for idiots like him.

This guy also wants this

".Level Cap Token - 10k Cartel Coins / 3 month cooldown: Allows player to instantly grant one character levels bringing him or her up to lvl 55. You would still have to go back and run class missions to get your companion. This would simply be an additional option.

" - Cartel Suggestions

So yes... let's continue supporting the casuals :mad:

Edited by Desolaytore

-eric

Hey thanks for nothing. Tell your bosses they are doing a great job ordering you too kill the game and circumvent any real content in the sake of making money. I know you know this and can't comment. But let it sink in more.

Then why can you bypass the legacy level and 1mil with cartel coins? It isn't like HK where you had to finish the quest first.

I think perhaps you're forgetting the exact specifics of how HK-51 unlocking works. You must do the quest to gain the Global Unlock. On that character, the perk is also unlocked. However, if you do want the companion on another character but do not want to redo the quest, you need only buy the perk. The perk requires the Global Unlock, which can only be obtained through completing the question chain. My theory is that Treek is designed the same way, except there is no Global Unlock. You don't need a Global Unlock to buy the Treek perk, either (because there is no global unlock). Also, the Cartel Market only deals in Cartel Coins, unlike the legacy system which can also accept credits.

^^^^^^ No wonder why they keep shelling out CM updates, for idiots like him.

This guy also wants this

".Level Cap Token - 10k Cartel Coins / 3 month cooldown: Allows player to instantly grant one character levels bringing him or her up to lvl 55. You would still have to go back and run class missions to get your companion. This would simply be an additional option.

" - Cartel Suggestions

So yes... let's continue supporting the casuals :mad:

Casuals fund your game. :p

Casuals fund your game. :p

Tell them to fund me some Operations and flashpoints. Tell them to fund me some Legacy gear for legacy 50. Instead of Cartel Market ********. Just because someone can get something in a video game does not mean everyone should have it.

Tell them to fund me some Operations and flashpoints. Tell them to fund me some Legacy gear for legacy 50. Instead of Cartel Market ********. Just because someone can get something in a video game does not mean everyone should have it.

2 New flashpoints are coming 2.3 and NIM of the two level 5 Ops have just been released. You get a Legacy Title upon reaching Legacy 50 "Living Legend". There It's been funded now go simmer down.

2 New flashpoints are coming 2.3 and NIM of the two level 5 Ops have just been released. You get a Legacy Title upon reaching Legacy 50 "Living Legend". There It's been funded now go simmer down.

TfB Nim which really isn't new content it is the same content we have had for quite some time now. Hopefully the new flashpoints are just like Lost Island was when it first came out. The legacy title is absolutely nothing, getting a title after putting in so much time into a game is terrible

TfB Nim which really isn't new content it is the same content we have had for quite some time now. Hopefully the new flashpoints are just like Lost Island was when it first came out. The legacy title is absolutely nothing, getting a title after putting in so much time into a game is terrible

Sorry to disappoint but with the role options removed and the first 4 random people thrown together in the group finder, the new flashpoints are nowhere as difficult as lost island was.