We Need Clarification

Superman_AZ

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be more just because there is no questline and no legacy restrictions. The new speeder was 1500. I'd be surprised if Treek was cheaper than gear (1k CC).

Ship GTN costs 900 CC (or 5 million credits). You're still surprised vanity speeders costs more? :p

If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

-eric

Awesome Eric! Thank You! It clearly shows that in the future, those who wants an easy way to get ahead of other players can easily turn to the Cartel Market.

Suggestion: Please have an item that can instantly raise our level to 55. That way, we'll immediately hit end-game and enjoy what the game has to offer. Oh also, release the Kell Dragon equipments too on the CM. I'm sure a lot of us wants to easily have the maxed gear. Oh price doesn't really bother us. I'm sure other people there can afford whatever Bioware throws in the CM.

COME ON. DO IT.

Seriously Bioware... Lol.... Seems our legacy level doesn't mean anything now. Yay

Edited by Mark-JPS

Awesome Eric! Thank You! It clearly shows that in the future, those who wants an easy way to get ahead of other players can easily turn to the Cartel Market.

:rolleyes:

1) they are vanity and QoL content we are talking about here.

2) Seems that when looked at objectively... the CC approach is "catch up" not "get ahead". CC in the case of Treek means not having to level Legacy to 40 before paying to unlock the companion. In other words... for new players they have the same access to QoL and Vanity content that Legacy Veterans do. All the Legacy perks that can be unlocked via CCs (which is all of them) are the same category of content..... QoL and Vanity content.

3) Veterans still have the advantage of unlocks for no CCs. That's an advantage...especially to the vocal minority that hate CCs and everything associated with them.

Edited by Andryah

Yea, I would be fine with a reduced Legacy level or EC requirement as well. It's not a big deal to me either way, but I think it might make some subs that do not like the market happy.

Can those who are against to this have some sort of a petition? It seems that what they're doing is not fair - especially those who pretty much worked their way to legacy level 40.

Edited by Mark-JPS

:rolleyes:

1) they are vanity and QoL content we are talking about here.

2) Seems that when looked at objectively... the CC approach is "catch up" not "get ahead". CC in the case of Treek means not having to level Legacy to 40 before paying to unlock the companion. In other words... for new players they have the same access to QoL and Vanity content that Legacy Veterans do. All the Legacy perks that can be unlocked via CCs (which is all of them) are the same category of content..... QoL and Vanity content.

3) Veterans still have the advantage of unlocks for no CCs. That's an advantage...especially to the vocal minority that hate CCs and everything associated with them.

You clearly don't get it lol.... How can it be an advantage? We worked our way through level 50 legacy and yet... other noobs in the game can easily buy them? It's like...

hey here's our money, just let us have the content because I'm too lazy to play the game and don't have the patience to reach level 40 legacy.

Noobs are taking the easy way.... it doesn't matter if it's vanity or not. If they want everyone to have Treek, why not remove the requirement and simply just have it on sale for 1 Million Credits.

Edited by Mark-JPS

Can those who are against to this have some sort of a petition?

You know that petitions by players to developers are useless, right?

Ask the APAC veterans how petitions worked out to effect change. ;)

In fact, I've seen large, very popular petition campaigns directed at MMO companies... that are still useless and are ignored.

If you want to effect change, make reasoned suggestions, with supporting information, and sans any flame and hyperbole both via the in-game ticket system and the suggestion forum up above.

You clearly don't get it lol.... How can it be an advantage? We worked our way through level 50 legacy and yet... other noobs in the game can easily buy them? It's like... hey here's our money, just let us have the content because I'm too lazy to play the game and don't have the patience to reach level 40 legacy.

It is you that do not get it. NOBODY CAN GET AHEAD OF ANYONE... because they are the SAME PERKS, just two different methods to acquire. AND the perks are vanity and quality of life content only.

If they ever provide perks for CCs only... then you have a valid complaint.

Take time to actually think this through rather then jerking knees into the sky, IMO.

Edited by Andryah

It is you that do not get it. NOBODY CAN GET AHEAD OF ANYONE... because they are the SAME PERKS, just two different methods to acquire. AND the perks are vanity and quality of life content only.

Take time to actually think this through rather then jerking knees into the sky, IMO.

LOL.... Okay if you say so. I'll laugh when in the future, they pull this kind of CM strategy again for story content.. wait they did this in encrypted data cubes. Then you can tell me this all over again :)

Edited by Mark-JPS

There shouldn't even be a legacy level requirement then. The requirement should be on both options or neither option.

This exactly. Why penalize those who cant afford cc's who want to use in game credits with a legacy restriction. I am legacy 50 btw.

Edited by Fleurdelis

You are ignoring the fact that one avenue of purchase has an ADDITIONAL requirement that the second avenue of purchase does not. Therefore those that use the second method of purchase (the one without the additional requirement) are "getting ahead" as they do not have to meet that additional requirement, and therefore may well get that new shiny before the person who chooses to PLAY the game rather than BUY the game.

How about if legacy 40 got you the pet for FREE, and those without legacy 40 could either pay a million credits or CC's to purchase the companion? That would give those with the higher legacy a REAL benefit, not simply the option to spend a million credits. It would also allow a true choice in method of payment for those who do not have legacy 40 to purchase the pet and not a heavily skewed choice intended to push them toward the CM, and not make it seem like such a cash grab.

I doubt that would happen for that very reason. A true choice would not provide as much incentive to use the CM and therefore would probably not bring as much revenue and would defeat the purpose of the cash grab.

If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

-eric

This is ridiculous. I honestly am surprised, I thought BW would have atleast kept the legacy requirement on the companion so that way you have something to work towards.

Not everyone has to be able to have everything in the game and this promotes the fact that you should indeed be able to buy anything and bypass requirements. I have been waiting since February of '12 for something awesome to come out for legacy level 50 and so far we get absolutely nothing.

The datacubes were hardly anything at all. Less than 1 minute long. Nothing new was learned from it. No real story there. You could never do them and miss absolutely nothing.

Honestly, I've been playing since Early Access, never let my sub lapse and I play regularly and my legacy lvl is not 40. I would get Treek either way, whether it's from CC or legacy 40 and 1mil -- but I'd grind to 40 to get her. I'd prefer CC, especially if it's under 600, because then I can just use my monthly allotment so I could spend my credits on something else I want more since 1mil is pretty steep -- I hardly ever have that. But honestly, you get *no* advantage over anyone else with this from what I can see. You can't deploy more companions....does she have a special crit or something? /shrug Purely cosmetic....and I'm glad they are putting in companions now. I thought we'd never get any new ones, or at least not for a long, long time after HK.

Edited by blindxsecrets

This is ridiculous. I honestly am surprised, I thought BW would have atleast kept the legacy requirement on the companion so that way you have something to work towards.

Not everyone has to be able to have everything in the game and this promotes the fact that you should indeed be able to buy anything and bypass requirements. I have been waiting since February of '12 for something awesome to come out for legacy level 50 and so far we get absolutely nothing.

But legacy will unlock the option to spend a million of those credits you earned, when you can just spend a few CC's for the same item. That's something, right?

The datacubes were hardly anything at all. Less than 1 minute long. Nothing knew was learned from it. No real story there. You could never do them and miss absolutely nothing.

Isn't BW changing the datacubes? If so, why is BW changing the datacubes if it wasn't story content being sold on the CM?

*coughlivinglegendlegacytitlecough*

But legacy will unlock the option to spend a million of those credits you earned, when you can just spend a few CC's for the same item. That's something, right?

I love being able to spend my in game credits for all of this! :mad: I wish they would leave the legacy level requirement for purchasing with CC. Honestly if you have been playing since launch you should have been legacy level 50 a long time ago. BW honestly hasn't done **** for the legacy system. All there is for legacy level 50 is a 1 hour cd on our travel to ship.

*coughlivinglegendlegacytitlecough*

Oh yeah I totally forgot about this sweet title! :rolleyes: Thank god they gave legacy level 50 a title. God forbid they actually give us something cool on the legacy vendors or anything else -_-

The datacubes were hardly anything at all. Less than 1 minute long. Nothing new was learned from it. No real story there. You could never do them and miss absolutely nothing.

Honestly, I've been playing since Early Access, never let my sub lapse and I play regularly and my legacy lvl is not 40. I would get Treek either way, whether it's from CC or legacy 40 and 1mil. I'd prefer CC, especially if it's under 600, because then I can just use my monthly allotment. But honestly, you get *no* advantage over anyone else with this from what I can see. You can't deploy more companions....does she have a special crit or something? /shrug Purely cosmetic....and I'm glad they are putting in companions now. I thought we'd never get any new ones, or at least not for a long, long time after HK.

She has bonuses to ALL crew skills that none of the class companions have. Hk-51 has the same bonuses, but you cannot bypass the unlock requirement of completing the quest chain at least once, no matter how much money you want to throw at BW.

They are? Haven't heard that. But I figure if they are it's because people kept complaining over it. :rak_02:

I do not know for certain, but I seem to recall hearing that they were changing it because it WAS selling story content, no matter how insignificant, on the CM. I'm sure if I'm wrong, someone will be here to correct me.

Edited by Ratajack

Isn't BW changing the datacubes? If so, why is BW changing the datacubes if it wasn't story content being sold on the CM?

Yes they are changing it because the datacubes reveals lore within the game. Treek is part of the Star Wars lore...

So pretty much....we should never EXPECT any sort of questline when it comes to companions. HK-51 will be the last companion that will really let us work hard into unlocking him. In the future, ,all companions will just be part of the CM.

Here comes the disadvantage of CM. But oh well, if Bioware isn't listening, all we can do is just suck it up... Heh Since they never bother listening to us unless it's something that will be profitable to them.

Honestly, I've been playing since Early Access, never let my sub lapse and I play regularly and my legacy lvl is not 40. I would get Treek either way, whether it's from CC or legacy 40 and 1mil -- but I'd grind to 40 to get her. I'd prefer CC, especially if it's under 600, because then I can just use my monthly allotment so I could spend my credits on something else I want more since 1mil is pretty steep -- I hardly ever have that. But honestly, you get *no* advantage over anyone else with this from what I can see. You can't deploy more companions....does she have a special crit or something? /shrug Purely cosmetic....and I'm glad they are putting in companions now. I thought we'd never get any new ones, or at least not for a long, long time after HK.

Just out of curiosity, do you have small number of alts/play rarely? Wondering about your Legacy being below 40 Edited by Pietrastor

She has bonuses to ALL crew skills that none of the class companions have. Hk-51 has the same bonuses, but you cannot bypass the unlock requirement of completing the quest chain at least once, no matter how much money you want to throw at BW.

Yea, I would be fine if Treek will require some sort of a questline... unlock it and people can buy unlock for other toons in the legacy. That idea is acceptable but directly buying it... is not.