We Need Clarification

Superman_AZ

Everyone wants it "right now". No one ever just says, "Sure. I can wait a year and be ok with that." I agree that two wrongs don't make a right, and I would be at fault on more than one occasion. I get a little defensive when provoked with insults.

In every thread, prior to the mud slinging, my platform had ALWAYS been "I just want more options for all players. We need to stop limiting each others options and support each other as gamers. It should not matter HOW we do it, as long as we have the opportunity to do it." I was hoping to convince others with that stance, but it seemed all they wanted to do was call me names and spit in my face. So, this new information from BW/EA is like a bee-sting for some of them... and it shouldn't be, because it has NO IMPACT on their gameplay.

Actually, many people HAVE said multiple times that they do not have legacy 40, but were more than willing to wait to get the new companion UNTIL they had legacy 40.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they dont have time, thats their problem

"I dont have enough time to get to level 55, can I use CC to get there?"

^ see how ridiculous that sounds?

It doesn't sound ridiculous to some. In fact, one person already stated that if that were added, they would gladly pay to have an instant 55, rather than actually PLAY the game.

You are blowing this out of proportion. You don't honestly think they're going to put a OHKO Button for raid on the Cartel Market.

You're confusing Convenience with Lazy.

It was a joke... Anyway, they might do it. As long as they can get cash from it... And they would tell you that it's not P2W because you are not forced to use it...

Cartel market is a plague. Sometimes I think that they should just have pull the plug last summer. I'll never buy another EA product. They are worse than Activision and that is something.

Edited by Kesphin

It doesn't sound ridiculous to some. In fact, one person already stated that if that were added, they would gladly pay to have an instant 55, rather than actually PLAY the game.

Thats exactly the problem. The people who support fast tracking and obtaining things instantly that would usually take a lot of time to obtain for other people are the problem. Its ruining this game. People don't want to earn anything by playing anymore.

Actually, many people HAVE said multiple times that they do not have legacy 40, but were more than willing to wait to get the new companion UNTIL they had legacy 40.

That still limits the ability to obtain something as trivial as this without having a LvL 40 legacy. I will likely never see lvl 40 legacy, so this helps me, and other players like me who just don't have the urge to level multiple characters and run tons of endgame content just to raise up the legacy level.

So, Thank You Bioware for taking ALL playstyles into consideration for this companion.

It was a joke... Anyway, they might do it. As long as they can get cash from it... And they would tell you that it's not P2W because you are not forced to use it...

Cartel market is a plague. Sometimes I think that they should have pull the plug last summer. I'll never buy another EA product. They are worse than Activision and that is something.

I apologize, some people actually think these outrageous ideas will actually happen.

I'm having more fun with this game since the Cartel Market was introduced than when I started playing 1 month after release. But I guess that's just me.

Thats exactly the problem. The people who support fast tracking and obtaining things instantly that would usually take a lot of time to obtain for other people are the problem. Its ruining this game. People don't want to earn anything by playing anymore.

That person was me, and I stand by what I said. If they offered a lvl 50 unlock for subs, with no Legacy requirement, I would gladly purchase 15 of them just to try out every advanced class.

If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

-eric

If this is the stance the devs are taking then why have a Legacy requirement at all? The level requirement should be in place for both credit and coin options or removed for both. Removing it for coin users basically trivializes the Legacy, again. This a poor move and should be discussed further. Why pay a high credit cost and actually work on leveling up your Legacy when you can just spend a few coins and bypass any requirement?

Another bad move, Bioware. When are you guys going to learn from all these stupid mistakes?

So, Thank You Bioware for taking ALL playstyles into consideration for this companion.

*standing on fleet"

*opening cm*

*purchasing item*

Yeah...okay...playstyle...totally playing the game arent you?

I apologize, some people actually think these outrageous ideas will actually happen.

I'm having more fun with this game since the Cartel Market was introduced than when I started playing 1 month after release. But I guess that's just me.

You're not alone. I too am a Founder, and took 14 months off from the game. When I came back last month, I went NUTS in the CM and bought every thing I could get my hands on, unlocked it all for the legacy, and then did Legacy perk unlocks with CCs. Every time I roll a lvl 1, I instantly purchase all 3 speeder piloting skills for them. Everything is worth paying for, and thankfully, even BW has their price.

If this is the stance the devs are taking then why have a Legacy requirement at all? The level requirement should be in place for both credit and coin options or removed for both. Removing it for coin users basically trivializes the Legacy, again. This a poor move and should be discussed further. Why pay a high credit cost and actually work on leveling up your Legacy when you can just spend a few coins and bypass any requirement?

Another bad move, Bioware. When are you guys going to learn from all these stupid mistakes?

People complained there wasn't enough high level legacy rewards options. Bioware added a new companion for legacy level 40 so those people felt rewarded and added the standard cartel coin payment option that is on every other legacy reward/perk.

You are lucky. Almost every person I met since F2P was hydrocephalic. All the good/fun/skilled persons left before last summer. Now is my turn I guess.

If this is the stance the devs are taking then why have a Legacy requirement at all? The level requirement should be in place for both credit and coin options or removed for both.

They've given players options. You can either spend CC in the market or creds with your legacy. Though technically, they should just reduce the Legacy level to 5 since the level itself is trivial. I am all for options and maybe they will lower the legacy level. Knowing it is 1M creds tells me Treek will likely be between 1200-1900 CC for purchase. Worth the price either way.

You're not alone. I too am a Founder, and took 14 months off from the game. When I came back last month, I went NUTS in the CM and bought every thing I could get my hands on, unlocked it all for the legacy, and then did Legacy perk unlocks with CCs. Every time I roll a lvl 1, I instantly purchase all 3 speeder piloting skills for them. Everything is worth paying for, and thankfully, even BW has their price.

I can call someone for you if you wish. He's very patient and a good listener.

Edited by Kesphin

I've been playing this game for a very long time. I have 3 lvl 50's and one more on the way. I've been doing lots of different stuff on all of my characters. Yet i only have Legacy level 27. Can't imagine how i can ever reach Legacy level 40, i strongly doubt that it will ever happen. So the only way for me to get access to the new content is to pay? No thanks. Very lame.

They've given players options. You can either spend CC in the market or creds with your legacy. Though technically, they should just reduce the Legacy level to 5 since the level itself is trivial. I am all for options and maybe they will lower the legacy level. Knowing it is 1M creds tells me Treek will likely be between 1200-1900 CC for purchase. Worth the price either way.

It'll prolly be 350 Like HK is since HK is 1 mil creds or 350 cc.

I've been playing this game for a very long time. I have 3 lvl 50's and one more on the way. I've been doing lots of different stuff on all of my characters. Yet i only have Legacy level 27. Can't imagine how i can ever reach Legacy level 40, i strongly doubt that it will ever happen. So the only way for me to get access to the new content is to pay? No thanks. Very lame.

Umm you had 3 weeks of double xp to gain legacy levels.

You are lucky. Almost every person I met since F2P was hydrocephalic. All the good/fun/skilled persons left before last summer. Now is my turn I guess.

This was my opinion with World of Warcraft earlier this year. I got so fed up, I deliberately gave away tons of gold, 2 guilds, and more materials than 2 alts could carry. I sent Blizz an email telling them I was a gold seller, and had sold millions of gold in game in the past 5 years. I knew that would get me perma-banned. Then, after the ban, I uninstalled and moved back to SW-TOR. Sometimes, things change, and fun is a relative and subjective term. Either way, good luck to you.

I can speak for no one but myself, but I would not have any problem with alternate means of paying for this companion IF it was ONLY the means of payment that differed. By this I mean, if I could simply pay a million credits OR CC's to purchase this companion with no other requirement for either method, no problem. The same would apply if any additional requirement were attached to BOTH methods of payment.

Where I, and I think many others, have a problem is when one method of payment has an additional requirement and the other does not. Why should anyone need legacy 40 to purchase this companion with credits if they can simply pay CC's to bypass that requirement?

If they are going to allow the legacy 40 requirement to be bypassed with CC's, they should remove that requirement for those that wish to use credits to purchase this companion.

It'll prolly be 350 Like HK is since HK is 1 mil creds or 350 cc.

I think it will be more just because there is no questline and no legacy restrictions. The new speeder was 1500. I'd be surprised if Treek was cheaper than gear (1k CC).

I can speak for no one but myself, but I would not have any problem with alternate means of paying for this companion IF it was ONLY the means of payment that differed. By this I mean, if I could simply pay a million credits OR CC's to purchase this companion with no other requirement for either method, no problem. The same would apply if any additional requirement were attached to BOTH methods of payment.

Where I, and I think many others, have a problem is when one method of payment has an additional requirement and the other does not. Why should anyone need legacy 40 to purchase this companion with credits if they can simply pay CC's to bypass that requirement?

If they are going to allow the legacy 40 requirement to be bypassed with CC's, they should remove that requirement for those that wish to use credits to purchase this companion.

One option would be to make it free for legacy 40 and 1M/350CC for the others. Problem solved.

Edited by Kesphin

I don't have any problem with the Ewok companion being available in game for Cartel Coins. HOWEVER, the in-game credit cost (one MILLION credtis) on top of the Legacy Level 40 is just too expensive. It doesn't feel like there's any benefit or advantage to gating the Ewok behind a Legacy level. Maybe if he only cost $100K - $250K it would feel like a fair price. But a MILLION? That's just TOO DANG HIGH.