View Single Post

Zunayson
07.03.2013 , 08:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
They did more than that to kill pyrotechs.

1. They took away a good deal of armor penetration on rail shot. No idea why, I guess someone thought that a 7K single target attack was overpowered when smashers can AOE for 8K.

2. The CGC nerf had to happen, the dot was easy mode as it was, but it did take away a third of the pyro's damage. Which makes the armor pen and TD nerf even worse.

3. We all know about TD. As a top tier skill it is one of the worst in the game.

4. We lost energy rebounder. Our ONE good defense CD. GONE. It reduced the long cooldown of our shields and gave us an occasional redoubt proc that would absorb damage. Nobody mentions this but the pyro spec sorely needed it. They gave it to AP.

All together, it destroyed the class. That's why nobody plays it. No burst. No defense. The decision was so bad I can't believe that it was done. It makes absolutely no sense unless the devs seriously just play operatives or smashers, and they wanted to kill off the PT class out of rage or spite.

I can't believe I made it this far without seriously insulting Bioware or their employees.

Please fix (1), (3), and (4). Fix the class Bioware.
AP needed it more than you. Sustained DPS specs like AP need more sustained defense to put it out. I agree that you're flat out broken after the nerfs as pyro, but if you got to keep your burst, losing the shield doesn't mean too much. A good defense is a good offense.

EDIT: Also carnage. Carnage is now a lot harder to play. I'm thinking scream should be hitting harder than force smash. One's AOE, free, and can be used every 7-8 seconds, the other is single target, costs 2 rage, and can only be used every 9 seconds. If single target burst came back then we'd all be gooood
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box