View Single Post

paowee
07.03.2013 , 01:37 AM | #2
EDIT 12/13/13: With addition of sub 30% training dummy people are able to test the damage contributed by Quickdraw. A rotation that substitutes Trickshot and Followthrough for Quickdraw and Takedown yields the highest DPS.

Snipe Snipe - FT/TD - Ambush - FT/TD - SoS - FT/TD for Snipers
Charged Burst Charged Burst - TS/QD - Aimed Shot - TS/QD - SS - TS/QD for Gunslingers.

Update your rotations accordingly! Reference here

WATCH THE TRAINING DUMMY [VIDEO]
  • Single target rotation
  • Orbital and Flyby rotations
  • Keeping Corrosive Dart and VItal Shot up
  • EDIT: For better energy management, try delaying your OS/FB so you can cast it within SV/BV's energy regen buff.

CORROSIVE DART SPEC: 36/3/7
Here is a picture comparison between 36/3/7 Corrosive Dart and Orbital versus 36/8/3 Vital Shot and Flyby. Note that his Vital Shot had a higher crit chance than my Corrosive Dart (which was also under performing at 21%, 3 - 4% less than than my normal tech crit chance). As you can see Corrosive Dart and Vital Shot alone can add up to ~200 DPS just by using it twice every 45 seconds (explained in the video), at the cost of around 30-40 DPS lost from Orbital Strike and XS Freighter Flyby. 33/3/7 looks to be around 160 single target DPS gain over the 33/8/3 spec and its variants.

36/3/7 vs 36/8/3
Corrosive Dart vs Vital Shot - 260 vs 65 DPS
Orbital vs Flyby - 351 vs 386 DPS

Here are some raid logs from NiM Dread Guard Council last night. I found it was surprisingly easy to keep Vital Shot up during the movement phases.
ENERGY MANAGEMENT
Gunslinger terminologies
Numbers are estimates when I use Sweeping Gunfire and then cast Flyby when I reach the numbers below*
Aimed Shot (Charged Aim x 2)*

Minimum energy requirements for chained abilities:
Charged Burst > Charged Burst > Trickshot: 77
Aimed Shot > Trickshot: 77
Speed Shot > Trickshot: 78
Vital Shot: 78

Minimum energy requirements] for Flyby rotations without CH, IM and BV:
Flyby > Speed Shot: Not possible.
Flyby > Flurry of Bolts > Speed Shot: 90

Flyby > Charged Burst > Charged Burst > Trickshot: Not possible.
Flyby > Flurry of Bolts > Flurry of Bolts > Charged Burst > Charged Burst > Trickshot: 90

Flyby > Aimed Shot > Trickshot: 90
Flyby > Flurry of Bolts > Aimed Shot: 89 and below.
Seen in 1:56 of the video I started Flyby at 87 energy which lead into into Flurry of Bolts into Aimed Shot.

Since I use my Burst Volley window to increase the uptime on my Vital Shot, the ideal Flyby rotation would be Flyby > Aimed Shot because it can bypass the need to use an auto-attack in between. Doing Flyby with Charged Burst or Speed Shot means I will have to use Flurry of Bolts and this results in a DPS loss. This is also why sometimes I save my Illegal Mods for Flyby so I can remove the need to auto-attack all together and this opens up the possibility for other Flyby rotations.

ENERGY MANAGEMENT
Sniper terminologies
Numbers are estimates when I use Suppressive Fire and then cast OS when I reach the numbers below*
Ambush (Zeroing Shots x 2)*

Minimum energy requirements for chained abilities:
Snipe > Snipe > Followthrough: 77
Ambush > Followthrough: 77
Series of Shots > Followthrough: 78
Corrosive Dart: 78

Minimum energy requirements] for Orbital rotations without AP, TA and SV:
Orbital > Series of Shots: Not possible.
Orbital > Rifle Shot > Series of Shots: 90

Orbital > Snipe > Snipe > Followthrough: Not possible.
Orbital > Rifle Shot > Rifle Shot > Snipe > Snipe > Followthrough: 90

Orbital > Ambuish > Followthrough: 90
Orbital > Rifle Shot > Ambush: 89 and below
Seen in 1:56 of the video I started Orbital at 87 energy which lead into Rifle Shot into Ambush.

Since I use my Sniper Volley window to increase the uptime on my Corrosive Dart, the ideal Orbital rotation would be Orbital > Ambush because it can bypass the need to auto-attack in between. Doing Orbital with Snipe or Series of Shots means I will need to Rifle Shot and this will result in a DPS loss. This is also why sometimes I save Target Acquired for Orbital so I can remove the need to auto-attack all together and this opens up the possibility for other Orbital rotations.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records