View Single Post

DarthTHC
06.20.2013 , 08:40 AM | #1
I AM NOT A DEVELOPER

OK, now that we've made that perfectly, crystal clear, I am asking the CSR's which color codes are and are not allowed to be used. I ask this because I don't want to inadvertently use a color code that is "too close" to the developer color and get into trouble.

For reference, the developer color code is #f9d648. When you wrap that into this forum's COLOR BB code, you get text that looks like this. Per the forum's terms of use, using that color code is against the rules for "impersonating a developer" or something like that.

If you know how HTML color codes work, you can manipulate that hexadecimal value to be a different color:
  • If you wanted to make the whole thing lighter, you could add 0x070707 to it and get ffdf51 for text that looks like this.
  • To make it darker, you could subtract 0x202020 from the developer color code and get d9b628 for text that looks like this.

So back to the original question, if I want to use gold-ish text in any of my posts (because the yellow code in the drop-down is ugly), what color codes or range of color codes may I not use because they are deemed "too close" to the developer color code?

Thank you.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer