View Single Post

HobbesTay
06.20.2013 , 05:53 AM | #3616
Quote: Originally Posted by sanchito View Post
I absolutely agree that these games shouldn't happen, but consider this:

It's perfectly fine to not want to group up, but if you did group up, the outcome would have been the same. The top pvp guilds play a ton, and have become really really good. Voice comms are an advantage, but they are absolutely not needed in such a game. In fact, if we run a guild premade, most of the times we are not on voice at all, and we still win most games against non-pvp guild premades, just because we usually have some 50k games combined among us 4, and have learned a thing or 2 along the way.

If you split queues then yes it will be better in the solo queue, but it will also be very hard on casual groups, which are the majority in this game. I believe that a big part of those groups would soon never form, and instead tehy would be "forced" to solo queue, but for those people who think being social is a significant part of an mmo this would be a pretty big letdown.

I honestly think matchmaking, however crude it is in the beginning, would be the only thing that maximizes the amount of "good" games vs stupid roflstomps. Yes those would still happen, but the goal should be to have as few of them as possible.
Fair arguments but on some points I have to disagree :

firstly though I am not against match making even though in my original post it sounded like I am, what I should have said is that I personally don't believe that match making "On its own" would solve the issue, my preference would be for a solo queue and better match making for groups.

having played with a group of friends (not a premade as these friends were totally random in class/gear/ and even skill) I know that even in this case there is a considerable advantage to be had over the same number of people who randomly queue and are chucked together.

my preference would be for a number of "toggle buttons" which players can use to choose there level of play, so for example you could have Solo/2 man/4 man/8 man buttons but if you are grouped the only option would be to "tick" boxes that are equal to or greater than the number in your group, so effectively a two man group could only choose to go against other 2 man group or groups of more than 2 man.

The solo player could choose to tick any of the boxes they wanted and so could end up as a filler aginst an 8 man pre-made if they wanted, but the difference is they have this as a choice and could just as easily have chosen to just play in the solo only queue.

I for one have no issue playing against premades, my issue is being stuck playing against premades all night and not having another option apart from logging off and trying again on a different night.

its having the choice that is the important part for me