View Single Post

SweetsPatogga
06.19.2013 , 12:34 PM | #314
I was personally okay with the datacube when the purpose was two fold that you A) Get a little bit of minor story background that fills in the blanks and B) Get a little bit of something useful to you, which was the credit boom.

Once the credit boom was removed I have more of a problem with it now because it just becomes pay for story content and that's it. As a level 55 player who does not PvP XP and Warzone boosts are of no use to me. If there were some other item that replaces the credit boom, even a vanity item, I would be more okay with it.

I do get what people are saying about the slippery slope principle however I also think (hope) that there will never be more significant story content on the cartel market beyond this sort of minor fill in the blank exposition.

Still, for me to really be okay with it I think I need some other benefit from those cubes beyond just story. An item, credits, a title, just something. I don't like the idea of paying for just story content and nothing else.

This is of course just my personal opinion and as always people are free to disagree. I'm not saying that Bioware or anyone else has to do what I say but rather just stating how I as an individual feel about this particular item, particularly in light of the removal of the credit boom.

Thank you.