View Single Post

Zorke
12.21.2011 , 06:40 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Destineylegend View Post
I don't like them because of how some people use them to yell at others and put them down, it's a little upsetting, and in a raid that makes it bad for moral. To answer the other question, I'm at the top without dying and doing my role correctly, I don't tend to make a mistake in a raid or a dungeon, unless some obnoxious roommates of mine decide to barge in and talking to me, that is the only time I make mistakes, because I get distracted, but if you want it just for your personal usage and not use it to yell at others or chew them out, then I'm ok with that reasoning, I just don't like elitists and their nature of using the damage meter.
Blame the player not the meter. I'm usually "good guy greg" when it comes to damage meters. When I see someone under performing, I can usually pinpoint it and tell them a few things they can do to improve.

If I get a response along the lines of "I don't need to do better I'm just playing the game the way I want to play it," then to all their own, I don't want to play difficult content with people who are not even going to try.

As you can see by these forums, there are ALREADY elitists without meters, as there always will be.