View Single Post

Astarica
05.28.2013 , 01:46 PM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by Soxbadger View Post
I understand how to play, but you are making it seem like a sorc can simply just hit 1 or 2 spells without thinking.

To get your rotation right, to be able to fight through constantly being marked and getting off heals, isnt as easy as you make it. Generally in a wz there is 1 or 2 healers, and unless Im against a bad team, I generally take the most damage in every wz (light armor, yay)

Reviv is only as good as the wz you are in. Smart teams immediately put aoes down on it, thus completely negating one of my most expensive casts. Its also only efficient for spreading out healing (a lot of those numbers are junk like aoe dps or dots) because its simply topping people off who are taking slight aoe damage. My innervate crits for 1100 per tick, a dps can easily burn that down.

And as I said previously, if a team is properly focusing on 1-2 targets, no amount of shield/resurgence/reviv is going to save them. You need to hit them with innervate/dark infusion to keep them up.

But that is why this isnt really an issue. DPS makes or breaks your team. If they can burn down targets, you are going to win. If they cant burn down targets inspect the player.

Its not about healers, its about the players. I can guess at my teams chances as soon as I zone in. 1) Do I recognize any of the names, 2) are there more than 2 in a good pvp guild and 3) do I have considerably more (5k+) hps than anyone else on my team.
Sorcs are probably borderline manageable if it's just one of them, but hardly a WZ goes by with only 1 healer now. Add another Sorc and now it's much harder to focus on them. Add an Operative and you can pretty much forget about trying to burst down either healer.

Of course since healers are all over the place it does indeed boil down to DPS but it's a rather degenerative form of gameplay. Your DPS isn't really beating the enemy healer if they're at all good, though this applies to your side as well. In the optimistic case this might mean your DPS managed to kill their healer twice which is one more than the amount of time your healer died, so this wins in the game. In the degenerate case this means your DPS was quicker at clicking on nodes as they're the best objective takers in a game where nobody dies (it's safe to do no DPS if nobody is dying anyway). It's likely the stronger team wins still but it's not in a way that's at all enjoyable. Objective based WZ simply doesn't make much sense when the total number of deaths on both side is in the single digits.