ToFN DPS Leaderboard 2.0

You all miss the point.

What i said was concerning specific moments where you need the damage to be reliable.

For example the adds on Dread Guard Phase 3. If you are unlucky enough to have a string of misses at the exact time that the caster add is up(3-4sec) then it may get the cast off. That damage on NiM will be unhealable.

It doesn't matter if you did 4k dps in the 4 mins leading up to it. If you can't put the damage out realiably when it matters, then it's worthless.

My point is sound, don't waste your time trying to argue.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think people are taking this a little to seriously . He knows, as do the most of us on this list, that classes with weapon in both hands slingers/sents/merc will have a few misses but he might have worded it badly in the original post saying all parses here should have 100% acc.

I have 110% acc only because that in the end gave me best dps resault. I'm not saying i did 1 hour parses with each enhancment/earpiece to try it out but these were my findings.

These parses have frankly not so much to do with in raid situation. Yes, high dps on dummy more often than not equals high dps in raid but not in all cases, but the dummy allows you to be completely tunnel visioned visioned . IMHO for highest dps parsing purposes there is nothing wrong with loose accuracy for crit/surge/whatever, you can do 5-10 parses and choose the parse none of your aimed shot/rail shot/turbulence/etc missed. So even if you do 100-150 more dps on a dummy without full acc, there is that slight chance of a miss a t crucial time.

Above he takes an example from the Dread guard fight, here is another example: Lets say you are the DPS left at one core in yellow/orange phase on Operator IX to hold off moving into next phase while regulators are killed /mid cleared up/raid topped up before boss. When the the time comes to finish the core off at the last second... Then you are going to want that 110% accuracy rather than that extra 5% surge.

oh i agree your point is sound if the stars align. what i am argueing about is that you're basicly stating situations where you intentionally let the starts align. i know i will have a small chance to miss, thus i will keep the possibility of me missing into consideration in whatever important stuff i'm doing. if i remember correctly at 50 he had a 8s cast (idk about 55hm because he dies so fast that i havent had the time to check it.) and you can see him spawning well before he starts casting. and i'm not the only one going for him.

but lets say, half the raid is dead (all the dps except me) we have 2 tanks whom both are on low health. and we have a healer whom desperatly try's to heal everyone up. we also have that one tank that isnt tanking the boss suffering from a brain hemmorhage so he cant compose the thought of ''hey i might need to help with that add casting the dot''

and then, all my ability's are missing ! lets say. series of shots>followthrough>snipe. thats 5.1s i think we can safely say that with our tank suffering from a brain hemmorhage we cant kill him fast enough anymore. but that are 6 misses in a row. now i skipped my statistics classes but thats what ? 0.67% chance to miss times 6. 0.67^6= 0.09% chance of happening. and what are the chances that that happens at that exact moment ?

and for some reason i cant shake the thought that long before we reached this point something else happened that ****ed it all up. beside if this happened and we still get that add down, i think that little bit of more dps might actually make a difference in beating the enrage. and there should be no **** ups in nim tbh.

and about IX. even though i could do this all day since im enjoying the sun ill keep it short as to not bore the **** out of anyone reading this. i have never seen it happen in our raids that they really needed the time untill the very last second to heal everyone up. and i know i will have a chance to miss. so instead of starting at the last second i'd start 1.5s before that. (if that 1.5s really matters i'd say you've screwed up to much already). the chances of missing 2 abilities in a row at that exact time are slim as hell aswell. now thats what ? 3s on a 5 min fight or so ? so out of 100 other 3s bits you miss two abilities at that exact moment ? now here i'm just guessing but. 0.67^2=0.44^100=1.64*10^-35 ?

never said that your star aligning isnt sound. it is, but even though it is sound its also quite ludacris.

Edited by nitria

The whole idea of this thread to to measure someones dps capabilty OUTSIDE raid enviroment. Whether certain spec, rotation, stats are reliable in a raid doesnt matter here. All that matter is to pull as much dps as possible in perfectly stable enviroment

If it wasn't about who is lucky who is not and who can execute roation better and who worse, we would be posting simcrafts not parses

Edited by Shandellon

Update:

Tman <Outbreak>

Character Class: Sentinel

Character Spec: Watchman (36/8/2)

Torparse Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/256720/time/1369842788/1369843114/0/Overview (2949 dps)

Still missing the 72 chest (currently using 69 one) and need to switch one more 69 enhancement on top. Rest is BiS 72. Guess with the missing pieces I can get like 10-15 more dps, but overall there is not much more possible in Watchman. Looks like Snipers/Slingers are way on top. :(

With the 2 proc relics I can go easily above 3k, but since this is obviously a bug I do not use it. Wonder if the Slingers/Snipers on top are using the 2 proc relics?

Update:

Tman <Outbreak>

Torparse Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/256720/time/1369842788/1369843114/0/Overview (2949 dps)

Still missing the 72 chest (currently using 69 one) and need to switch one more 69 enhancement on top. Rest is BiS 72. Guess with the missing pieces I can get like 10-15 more dps, but overall there is not much more possible in Watchman. Looks like Snipers/Slingers are way on top. :(

With the 2 proc relics I can go easily above 3k, but since this is obviously a bug I do not use it. Wonder if the Slingers/Snipers on top are using the 2 proc relics?

I heard you cancelled your sub?

I heard you cancelled your sub?

Yep. I am just disappointed how BW is treating their loyal customers. I mean, I am here since early access, always stayed subscribed and then they charge me on top for appearance changes and add another gambling pack (dyes).

I'm not gonna leave the game, I just don't wanna spend more money on a sub when it feels you don't get any big advantage anymore from new content. I mean, last thing that was for free for subs was section x in November 2012. Everything else was accessible to f2p and subs.

Right now I am preparing my account for f2p. Bought nearly all unlocks from the GTN so I will have the same game experience as a sub. If BW decides to honor their loyal customers again, I will resub. But for now I am just disappointed. Still have ~35 days play time remaining.

Edited by tman_ac

btw, one suggestion to the watchman sentinels/annihilation marauders:

I see in your parses that you use double saber throw in your rotation. I made a lot of tests, and what I can say is that it effectively reduce your dps outcome a lot. The reasons are pretty simple:

- it is affected by the global cooldown

- it is not doing a lot of damage

- it doesn't use focus - some will say "it's a free damage ability so it's dumb to not use it" but I have to say the opposite: Due to 4 stacks on merciless, I can spam merciless slash and all my other main damage abilities like hell. In addition, you only gain centering when you use a skill that requires focus. Faster 30 stacks on centering = faster usage of Zen = more autocrits on cauterize burn or overload saber burns.

When I use it in my rotation I do around 10-20 dps less. Just wanted to let you all know what I think about it. :)

Yep. I am just disappointed how BW is treating their loyal customers. I mean, I am here since early access, always stayed subscribed and then they charge me on top for appearance changes and add another gambling pack (dyes).

yeah, EA's moneygrabbing starts to show.

and about the double relic, i didnt use it for the exact same reason. (idk about the others tho.) but the reason why i came in so high was quite some luck.(but for whom isnt it right ;P ?) i'm still missing quite some pieces for bis.

Looks like Snipers/Slingers are way on top

dont worry, engineering/saboteur snipers/slingers are (ab)using the roll on the dummy (it leaves a trail of explosives and they can just roll against the wall so all the explosives hit the dummy) and you cant use that effectively in a raid enviroment. if you leave those out you'd see (if you check harbinger/PVE forum boards) that the merc and mara actually did more then snipers (the 2 3k+ snipers(non-engineering) used double relics while the merc and the mara(that hit 3k+) didnt use double proc relic ;D)

The whole idea of this thread to to measure someones dps capabilty OUTSIDE raid enviroment. Whether certain spec, rotation, stats are reliable in a raid doesnt matter here. All that matter is to pull as much dps as possible in perfectly stable enviroment

If it wasn't about who is lucky who is not and who can execute roation better and who worse, we would be posting simcrafts not parses

agreed, that's also what i've said a couple of posts back. but i guess people just have an different opinion about that.

however what i was basicly argueing the last 2 posts or so is that the 1 more surge over accuracy enhancement has a bigger positive impact to the raid hen a negative. that switch basicly boosted my dps with around 25. if i'd grab a better parse it would (at the very least) be twice as much. now if you'd have 4 DPS(the right classes ofc) changing that around you're basicly seeing an 100-200DPS gain. (which might be the difference in downing a boss or hitting enrage) and whilst yes you have a small amount of miss, you know that so you can work around it. and what i basicly pointed out is that the chances of missing something on parts where missing something might cause a wipe is incredibly small.

Edited by nitria

Bednica <BalkanForce>

Character Class: Operative

Character Spec: 3/6/37

Torparse Link: 2559.26

AMR Profile*: n/a

69 MH/OH, lots of old (63) stuff, DG and conqueror relics, 106% accu... old augments + some items dont have augments at all.. some are new (3-4)

This is going to be much much better...

Edited by Banezza

UPDATE:

LordGorzul<Outbreak>

Torparse Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/260865/time/1370005322/1370005650/0/Overview (2979dps)

I want a validation of this since it is in my opinion not possible:

The critical hits of Merciless Slash are way to high and just not possible. It's like he is using power surge the entire time. In addition the crits are way to much. For reaching so much crit you are losing a lot of power, what means your min hits can't hit for the numbers shown in there.

I mean seriously, I reach around 30 dps less and used 2 times the new adrenals and he didn't use a single adrenal and hits 30 more dps? :rolleyes:

Sorry to say Quanta, but that's obviously a fake. I know you guys wanna beat my dps, but please play fair!

Edited by tman_ac

Lol , you're the one that thought me how to use the dummy just a few days ago, I never screwed around with dummy you're the pro there. This is the same exact run but Thestyle suggested to eliminate the last few seconds of time he said people do that and made it himself and gave me the link which i reposted, took the dps test frm the original 2918 to 2979 but its the same exact one. I'm using 2 proc relics and got almost 2% more on crit than you. why do you find it impossible for someone to outdps you sometimes? how far will you go to stay on top!

If you really had a question about it I'm with you in the guild all day you could've said something but you wanna to discredit others publicly that's low.

You want proof we can go do the dummy together anytime as we did last week.

tman next time if you have to sey somethink you can sey in guild or talk about this in TS not talking **** here he did not cheat he have no idea how to do that maybe he hade just luck run on dummy and i was cuting his dps test becose he didnt know how to do it. no one ever went on you when you hade high dps why the **** you go on him like that its not nice from you and we are same guild go on dummy and ower dps his ***.....

Funny how you get mad about me when I just state the facts that it is impossible to have these numbers as minimum hits.

It's easy as I said. You are not using 2 proc relics. If you would use 2 of them, you would have had at least a few times 2 power surges at the same time. But you never had it. Ergo it's not true. (I tested it with 2 proc relics, basically you get power surge all the time cause it ticks from damage AND your passive heal)

On top you aren't using any adrenals and your crit damage on Merciless Slash and Master Strike is just way to high. I mean, your 3 stack burn from Overload Saber can't break the 3k line but you can crit with Merciless Slash for 8640 without any adrenal and only one power surge? That's not possible and that's why I want a validation of this. Even in my tests where I used only power and 0 crit I barely came to 8k critical hits on Merciless Slash.

And don't act like "this is something for within the guild". This is a public topic and has nothing to do with the guild. If I am mistaken, prove me I am wrong. But since I know my class 100% I know this is not possible without 2 stacking power surges and without an adrenal.

tman next time if you have to sey somethink you can sey in guild or talk about this in TS not talking **** here

Ahh, but the same thing can be said to you:

next time if you have to sey somethink you can sey in guild or talk about this in TS not talking **** here

So you're not really better than him xD It's just that you both want to have the last word AND you both want everyone else to hear it. So how about you both just hug and kiss and drop this before it goes too far xD

Well, I know what's BiS for a watchman sentinel. It's not like he is a magician and has found something very special I could not have thought about as well. ;)

When I compare our logs, I find it not possible. Ok, he could hit for these critical numbers if he would use more surge enhancements instead of accuracy, but then he would miss more on the dummy. But in fact, he has even less misses than me:

- I hit the dummy 794 times with a miss % of 8.19

- He hit the dummy 796 times with a miss of only 7.87%

So I think he has the same accuracy like me. When he has the same, it is not possible to critically hit for those numbers on Merciless Slash. In my parse, I hit the dummy with Inspiration, Attack Adrenal and Power Surge for less damage.

Either I became a total noob or something is indeed wrong with torparse. That's why I want a validation. Never said he is a cheater, but I can't seem to find this possible without 2 stacking power surges. That's all I wanted to point out.