View Single Post

05.28.2013 , 02:46 AM | #9
Lol. "progression guilds." I don't want to generalize, but I do find it amusing how inconsistent many "progression" players are with their complaints. When it comes to things like double xp weekends, they scream bloody murder and take to the forums to rant about how everyone else is a bunch of carebears. But when content is put on the PTS--as it should be: that's the point of the PTS--they complain about how they're "being forced to play the PTS to stay competitive." Whatever happened to "if you don't want to put in the work, you should just quit this game right now?" Then they also refuse to actually help submit bug reports and the like (saying some silly stuff about how they're "not going to do Bioware's job for them"), but are the first to complain if there's a bug in the game.

On that note, PvE = player versus environment. If you want to compete against other players, that's what PvP is for. I take issue with PvE-ers who take to the forums to complain about things like "such-and-such class is OP" or that something "is putting me at a disadvantage!" You can't be at a "disadvantage" relative to other players because, by definition, you're not competing against them! You're competing against the environment!