View Single Post

Arch_Angel_Gabe
05.24.2013 , 11:08 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
I was going to mention that my 2737 gunnery score earlier in the thread isn't up there but it's nothing new.

Instead I'm going to troll the merc/mando community by posting assault parses using just 5 attacks.

Hotwired - Commando - Assault 5/8/33 - 2702.9

http://www.torparse.com/a/248285/tim...0/Damage+Dealt

It's about 100dps off sinking the highest Gunnery parse posted if an armour debuff is factored in.

I don't have a 72 MH which is important for ranged attacks (80% of the damage) and have 7x69 mods so I reckon its doable.
I noticed abnormally high critical percentage from your bread and butter ability (CB). Based on your other abilities, I'd say your crit is between 29-31% (feel free to state what it is), which means CB received an extra 10% crit from RNG. According to my calculations, that abnormally high crit percentage 70% versus 60% resulted in around 200 more DPS. The interesting thing about classes where a single ability makes up the majority of their damage, means that RNG on that ability alone can have huge swings upon their overall DPS. Probably similar to what the Jug/Guard's were talking about with master strike.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Instead I'm going to troll the merc/mando community by posting assault parses using just 5 attacks.
Well, you did succeed... Problem is, the parses you did with all the abilities were lower than the one you did with these 5 abillities. I don't think you really intended to limit yourself, just so turns out those 5 abilities are all you really need. I tested assault last night, unbufffed and compared it to gunnery. I found the damage was more consistent with fewer abilities (the ones you used)... It was more... steady, so to speak. It also only slightly trailed gunnery. Definitely a viable spec, but I don't like it.