View Single Post

rsuhandy
05.23.2013 , 12:31 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
In mine specifically there were other factors that prevented the margin from being shown, namely that nasty fleet lag. It is just meant to give an idea of how clipping effects the overall numbers.

As far as the other parse in question; since it dragged out longer and ENDED with the scatter bombs, it caused the numbers to go waaaaaaaay up. Scatter bombs are quite unique. If you end a parse with them your numbers will be far better then if you end it before them. That is why his numbers are higher in the long run, not because that is the maximum for the spec. If you were to stretch it out just 13 more seconds it would be 3372.83. A loss of ~46 dps from the cropping of 3419 DPS. (For referance sake, here is the parse only showing 5 minutes 3358.31)

Do you see how dangerous cropping logs is? If we want any sort of accurate numbers and thresholds, we need the circumstances as close to the same as we can get them. (That includes time and buffs. The only thing we can not account for is built in executes due to talents and abilities.) An argument can be made that if I want accurate numbers, I should examine the log and crop it to compare with mine.........but that kind of defeats the purpose of having global leader-boards for it, doesn't it? It would be the same is if, they didn't track golf scores on a board for everyone to see and forced whoever wanted to know what the scores were to go check the individual cards of the players..................................

lmfao

I do hear what you are saying but to make a point I will be blunt.
Who are you to say the parse should be 5 minutes exactly?
I can put his parse length to 5 min and 27 seconds and it's about ~3390.
Taking a parse and cutting it at 5 min will just give whoever got lucky RNG at the 5 min mark have the highest parse. I personally don't really care if people clip the start of the parse, but I see a valid argument behind not doing so. But I see no reason to limit the time period to exactly 5 min.