View Single Post

jvoodoochild
05.22.2013 , 09:52 AM | #8
If your crafting is about supporting new toons as they level, then you will likely want to focus on Orange moddable gear. Synthweaving has an advantage over Armormech in that Synth has all three weight categories. Their augments are also a little more versatile with Defense (typically a tanking stat) and Alacrity (fits nicely into a healers wheelhouse). Remember youíre not just considering what your toon is going to wear, but also what your companions will be wearing.

Everything but Biochem has something to offer those who have an orange piece of gear, and really what toon doesnít? Of these Cybertech has the most to contribute with their mods in 9 of 9 slots, and armor in 8.5 of 9 slots. Above and beyond this, Cybertechs craft earpieces which is one of the last remaining five slots for a toon, and one of the last three for up to seven companions.

With Artifice: Enhancements I typically purchase on the cheap with my planetary coms. Color Crystals Iíve collected Cartel sets from generous guildies and move them around in Legacy weapons from the Gree event, but that is a high level ability. Last Hilts can be made by guildies or purchased from the GTN.

With Armstech: Like Hilts, Barrels can easily be acquired from guildies or the GTN. Augments saved the CS because there was so little to no demand for weapons with every toon and every companion getting a modable weapon at start or at least very early in a quest reward. Add to that Arms offers universally wanted Power and Endurance stats with augments.

So my advice with your two toonsÖ
Since your Warrior is your main, and Iím guessing is a 50. I would leave those CSs alone for now. The Inquisitor I would suggest a complete overhaul focused on improving your Synthweaving. Cybertech / Scavenging / & Slicing is the way I would go. If you do change out the skills, level scavenging and slicing up to the point where you can pick up nodes in the areas that you are questing. That way you will have the option of farming from mats in the field or with missions.

With Scavenging and Archeology be on the lookout for flux/?? Missions as they are more affordable than the vendor prices. With Slicing only go on Rich or Bountiful slicing tech part missions as those levels are the only ones that will produce schematics when they crit. Other times, run slicing lockbox missions. In Underworld Trading, wait for the Rich or Bountiful metal missions, and run everything else gift since crits usually mean more or higher level gifts and not Armor or Synth schematics like the metal and fabric missions will crit with.

A pro tip if you donít mind taking a time out to focus on leveling mission or gathering crew skills, when you log on the game or zone to a new location your mission table will reset. So you can farm for a particular type/quality of mission by boarding or disembarking from your ship. The more time you put into farming for synthweaving schematics with slicing and UWT the more you will be able to provide for your nest toon.

With any schematics or missions that you can not use on your Sith, storage is as easy at leveling any toon to seven and going to fleet for a cargo bay worth of space (youíre at least a preferred F2P player)

Something to keep in mind, spend a lot of time reverse engineering earpieces. First youíll get better stats for future toons, but also you will be generating augment components. When crafting an orange piece of armor with synthweaving, keep crafting until you get an augment slot. The extra components will help you kit out the other seven slots.

With your Sith, youíll be able to service the majority of the needs of anything you play after that. I would suggest for CSs on your new toons everyone get Slicing, Scavenging, and Underworld Trading. If you complete the class story or get bored with the story and or play style, you can change their CSs to something they would be good at. I use this site and plan around the crits in the game.

swtor-spy.com/companions/

In the long run you may want to trade out the gathering and mission CSs on your two Sith to hit their best in game/faction crits. Changing out these are far less painful than a craft CS as with the others you donít loose discoveries as you do with craft.

A lot of information, but the depth of crafting is why I returned to the game and it certainly keeps me paying my sub. Hopefully my insights will help you and others. Please note that these suggestions are tailored for a particular play style goal. Other play styles will require different Crew Skill set ups. Your mileage WILL vary.
-Joel