View Single Post

Grimsblood
05.17.2013 , 03:18 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Korse View Post
I'm not going to lift the anonymity from anyone. Not everyone brags about what happens in game or starts threads out with their MMO Resume. Killing a boss doesn't mean your opinion is more important. Be glad that the weight of an argument isn't determined by raid experience with classes, or you'd be forced to accept my opinion. Although, I guess I haven't dps'd any operations with my assassin. I should do that to complete my resume.
Killing a boss doesn't make my opinion more important, experienceing THE tightest dps check in this game to shed light on the fact that none of the people that experienced that cried for a nerf because the only way to beat it was to stack marauders (This fight was never beaten by stacking marauders, mind you.) does.

I used an example of one aspect of a single phase within one boss fight. Reflect damage would only hurt you if you damaged the mob from range. With Force Speed and the Sniper Roll, the only ranged class that would be forced to run next to a mob would be a Mercenary dps. Once they got next to the mob, they could dps. This doesn't make the entire fight melee only. It's simply an example of one way they could remove the perpetual advantage of ranged classes, which is essentially what you said was not possible, which made balancing classes impossible. There are ways to do it, as I mentioned with class design and raid mechanics.
Either way you cut it, why wouldn't I bring just melee for that fight? I think that is the most efficient way to do it because it is. No point in bringing ranged. Please re-balance abilities and fights! Didyouseewhatididthere?

I mentioned that hardcore raiders were a minority, so losing my subscription (and potentially other hardcore raiders as well) probably doesn't matter that much to BioWare. That doesn't mean you shouldn't make an effort to improve the game. I'm probably wasting my time. Everyone seems to fight trying to change anything because "that's just the way things are." For a guy whose signature includes a Sniper (best ranged dps), Marauder (best melee dps), Assassin (tank that can ignore mechanics), and Sorceror (super hard healing, especially on the meters), I'm not surprised you don't want anything to change.
Yeah, if this is about me I also have a Vanguard, Scoundrel, Juggernaut and Merc.......I believe that makes it all the advanced classes in the game

There is a difference between fighting for something and asking for pigs to fly. I mean, we should just take the best features from every MMO, FPS and RTS game and put it all together in one, right? That would be a perfect game..........right?
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger