View Single Post

Korse
05.17.2013 , 11:31 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimsblood View Post
I am sure almost none of you EVER did NiM Firebrand and Stormcaller in 16 man before it was nerfed...........from experience, THAT was a tight enrage timer.
My raid group is actually pretty humble since we clear the content to enjoy it, but since you brought it up several of the posters in this thread were US firsts in EC, TFB, and S&V.

The only way you can achieve that "true balance" you guys keep whining about is to have EVERY class the EXACT same class.......go play CoD or something if you want that.
Not true. Class design is part of the balance. Content is the other part. If you honestly do want class balance, support threads like this so the designers see that players think range classes have an unfair advantage. If there were mechanics that limited range advantage in fights, that would reduce the ridiculous uptime range classes have. I don't know if it was a purposeful attempt at this or not, but the Styrak fight forces players to close to within melee range (at least one per mob). If that mechanic were to reflect damage to range attackers instead of just making the people who do play melee run to the mob while the ranged still sat at range it would help diminish the range advantage.

To be quite honest, waaaay back around 1.2 my guild and I were discussing some sort of Synergy between classes in regards to group buffs. I would actually be a proponent of that. Something along the lines of the class using X ability (Normal Spec dependent ability, Turbulence, Plasma Probe, Merciless Slash, Force Exhaustion, etc) to apply a buff to another type of ability. It would bring a nice synergy between classes in operations.....however, is probably a bit to much to add to the game at this point.
So instead of taking ideas to the development team and forcing them to at least hear out your ideas, you're just going to give up? It's too much effort to add class utilities, class synergy, or expand upon the game after it's released. **** it, let's just stack snipers who sit in a group at 35m with 100% uptime and complain there's not enough [hard] content.

This just sounds like laziness on your part, or the general concept people have toward individual interaction with the government. It may take a lot of work and effort to get your ideas into the system and actually try to improve the game you play, but to me that's way more important than my comment about sitting snipers at range for all the fights. I still laugh when I remember that apathy got the GPA scale and mascot at my university changed by 12 people (out of 15,000) because no one opposed them. The hardcore raiders are a minority, but obviously you have no problems posting on the forums all day. Why not use those threads to the advantage of trying to implement changes you want?
Characters
Spoiler