View Single Post

NoFishing
05.15.2013 , 02:24 PM | #2
Good question! Most groups will expect the tank to run things.

For most pulls, kill order doesn't change....it should be weakest to strongest, with a preference to whatever the tank is actively trying to keep agro on or at least hitting the same target as the other DPS. When I am tanking, and DPS seem confused about this, I give a gentle reminder: "kill order is weakest to strongest, left to right, unless otherwise indicated".

That leaves the tank responsible for getting and holding agro on the strongs and elites, and as long as DPS are behaving, this isn't too hard. The tank also has responsibility for boss positioning, kiting, staying out of AoEs, and should be the primary interrupter on all pulls. Also, you are responsible for controlling the pace of the FP, which means don't chain pull if your healer is hasn't come up the elevator yet or is still trying to regen energy.

As for CCs, anyone can mark CC targets. As a DPS I will generally mark a target I intend to CC. That is mostly for the benefit of the other DPS...if the tank breaks the CC, I don't really care as long as they can hold agro on it. If the tank wants specific mobs CCd, they should mark them.