View Single Post

Cerio
05.15.2013 , 01:54 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Korse View Post
But these things are all part of class balance. It's easy to say that utility should only be balanced with utility if you're a marauder -- you have ALL of the utility. It's an unfair advantage to classes that only do the same damage as you and have no utility. Yes, I understand that from a pvp perspective stealth and vanish trump just about everything for utility, but that doesn't mean anything in PVE. I also cannot stress that enough. Stealth classes could lose stealth in PVE and it means...an extra trash pull? I would gladly give up stealth in PVE on my stealth classes if they got marauder utilities.
Op/Scoundrel stealth CC = utility... You're gonna give up a utility that's useful in an ENTIRELY different situation for a utility another class has for an ENTIRELY different situation in PVE? That's just dumb. Every class has their role to perform PVE-wise. This is only a discussion in PVP and even then it's moot. A DPS Assassin/Shadow or DPS Jugg/Guardian can AoE taunt as well in PVP racking up the Protection points which is WAAAAY better than closing a mere 5% dps gap in PVP. So this argument is dumb in both environments.
Server: Jedi Covenant
Starcrusher - 55 Jugg Starrazer - 55 Sent Mal'inda - 55 Marauder
Ammut - 55 Sorc Alcyone - 55 Sage Xa'phan - 48 Assassin
Minkah - 55 Merc Sacmis - 55 Sniper Starcat - 55 Gunslinger