View Single Post

Rikiu
05.15.2013 , 12:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ravinika View Post
I just got a new desktop from Cyber Power PC and although I have always been hard and fast about building my own computer, that would be my suggestion. Even with bargain basement type sites for hard ware I couldn't have built this computer for the price I got it for. From what I understand another good site is I Buy Power, but I have never bought anything from them myself. Both offer good prebuilt desktops for under $500, and from what I have seen anything on those sites will run swtor at its default graphics levels or high with no problem.
http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/h...g-pc-p-99.html

Would something like that run it ok? Again, I'm not too bothered about top settings graphics just a smooth experience.

Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
First and cheapest thing to check is whether you've built up too much dust, cat hair, or whatever inside the machine. Start with the fan inlet/outlet vents, then go to maybe opening up some of the access panels on the bottom and see if you need to clean off the radiator(s) for your CPU and/or GPU heatsinks.

Some years ago, my old laptop was having the exact issue you're describing, and cleaning it out worked wonders.
I'll give it a look but the laptops very cool for all other purposes and older games so I think I need to bite the bullet and get a desktop.