View Single Post

05.11.2013 , 04:36 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post
The desktop client is absolutely amazing.

I've found only one issue thus far, and one possible feature request which I'd hope could be taken under consideration.

So first off, the issue I've seen... the client seems to be very finicky when it comes to your computer's time. I keep my PC sync'd to Microsoft's NTP server, but I was still getting error messages about clock mis-match and it was preventing any live parsing from happening properly. Re-sync'ing my clock manually did fix it.

And second off, hopefully a simple feature request... an additional overlay with a stopwatch that starts when combat starts and stops when combat stops. There are enough time-based enemy behaviors that having a visible stopwatch overlay would be a great boon.

I recognize that you probably get a million feature requests and I don't want to be pushy or obnoxious, so I'll ask just once and then shut my yap.

Thanks so much for all your hard work, TORParse is an amazing benefit to the SWTOR community, and all your efforts are appreciated!
Thanks for the compliment!

On the time issue, unfortunately because of the way the combat logs are created by the game, this is a necessary evil. It doesn't always cause issues, but it can, and this is why I have the message pop-up if your time is too far off from what it should be. I've been working on a way for the client to automatically handle any time discrepancies, but I'm having limited success with it so far... needs more work.

As for your suggestion, I have it in my list of things to do already. Thanks!