View Single Post

EricMusco
05.06.2013 , 12:15 PM | #71 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]