View Single Post

YoshiRaphElan
05.02.2013 , 03:40 PM | #7
Chapter 6

Dha slammed his drink down on the table and leaned back in his chair. The smuggler across from him raised an eyebrow, but said nothing.

"So," Dha said, "Hylo Visz?"

Gault and Visz had been partners for a long time before Visz had been gone into a stasis chamber on Belsavis. Gault had eventually found and freed her–she, unfortunately, had been angry to see him and nearly killed him. They had separated on bad terms. However, she finally contacted him and said she'd be willing to pair up with him if he proved he cared more about her than he did himself. Gault had thrown himself into selflessness; he'd even saved the pregnant Mako's life by sacrificing his own–only he hadn't died. He was still in a coma, and his last request was that Dha find Visz and tell her what had happened.

"Don't know," the smuggler, a dark-skinned man, replied. "Rumors float around, you know, but it's not so easy to track down someone of her reputation. Why...you want to take a bounty on her?"

Dha shook his head. "No."

"Good."

Dha glanced down and realized the smuggler had drawn his blaster and had balanced it on his lap, the barrel pointed at Dha's gut. Dha glared frostily at the smuggler and leaned back, balancing his arm on the back of his chair, with the flamethrower pointed at the man's face.

"Talk," Dha said.

"Hylo's in hiding," the man said reluctantly. "It's Black Sun. They've got a score to settle with her."

"Where?" Dha asked.

"Don't know," the man replied with a shrug. "However, I can tell you this: she has hired a couple mercenary bodyguards. Track them down–it'll be easier–and you'll find her."

Dha nodded. "Got it. Know anything about the mercs?"

"Last time I saw 'em, one guy wore this white and blue mishmash armor and a kind of turban. The other guy was a Mandalorian named Jogo."

Dha winced. "I heard of him. Hah! Actually, I've more than heard of him, I've had the displeasure of meeting him." He threw the smuggler a high-denomination credit. "Thanks for the info," he said.

The dark-skinned man turned on the denomination display and his eyes widened.

"Thanks again," Dha said. He pulled out his comlink. "Torian, put out a call to Jogo. Tell him I want a partnership with him."

"Jogo?" Torian asked disdainfully. "Why would you want to partner with him?"

"I don't. But we need to find out where he is."

"All right. I'm on it."

"Thanks. Out."