Thread: PVE bolster!
View Single Post

jasonthelamb
05.02.2013 , 10:05 AM | #65
I think the point is because in PvP, in max end-game gear you get somewhere around 60% bonus damage to someone with 0 expertise (or something like that), whereas if you're in PvE gear you have 0, and with no way to get PvP gear without previously PvPing, and having the comms, it's a little lame.

Personally, I would like to see them do PvP brackets of Expertise <500, 500-1000, 1000-1500, and 1500+, or at least do SOMETHING to sort it out, because to come into a PvP match with no PvP gear, without a bolster, you just get wrecked - and while I'm not saying that PvE-ers should get, what, a 1500-point bolster, I think that sorting them out to the best of their ability until partisan or end-game PvP gear is assembled, would make for better PvP matches.

Just from my experience I have one piece of Partisan, the lightsaber, everything else is PvE gear, until 2.0 I actively refused to PvP, but I figured "Hell, why not, I'll give it a try" and had a ton of fun with it... just wondering as I type this - is there a bolster in ranked PvP? I also think people who have PvPed have one thing in the PvP section over PvE-ers... they have experience (which counts for more than expertise), they know how to attack someone, when to fight and when not to fight, and all the other little tricks that people who focus on PvE don't know.