View Single Post

Glzmo
05.02.2013 , 09:45 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Haha I love this thread. We actually had this exact conversation here at the office a while ago as either Amber or Courtney...I forget, asked why I don't capitalize the e. I am more than happy to explain it to you, incoming boring story!

Before I worked at BioWare I worked in Marketing, more specifically, as a Graphic Designer. When I developed my "self-branding" towards the end of college I was trying to use circles a lot in my design. When doing so I realized that if my name was entirely lowercase, and I didn't dot the i in Eric, that each individual letter could be a part of a circle. With that my original self-branding logo was each letter of my name inside of its own circle.

To follow that theme and to stay consistent, I used all lowercase letters throughout all of my self-branding, including my resume. That is to say, that even headers and subheads on my resume were lowercase. I know this shatters traditional grammar rules but you get a bit of leeway with these things in the design world.

I obviously have moved on to more correct usage of grammar but for some reason signing things with "-eric" has stuck. That my friends, is how the lowercase e came to be.

Happy Thursday!

-eric
Haha. You know what's usually also a circular? Chat bubbles. Might want to get someone to finally add them to the game so you could /say eric and look at them over and over.