View Single Post

Olostur
05.01.2013 , 12:07 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Askesis View Post
The mechanic seems simple, but there was just tons of damage coming out. It's possible people weren't running out of the circle quickly enough, but I didn't notice people continuing to stand in it, and I don't believe they were undergeared.

We wiped twice, and then easily killed him when standing behind the crate. Two pulls certainly isn't a large sample size, but fighting that boss legit is the only thing that I have perceived to be difficult.
To groups who have trouble doing it the 'legit' way, I encourage you to try it as intended:

With Force Speed you can get out of the circle before taking a single tick. I did it on a 58/61 geared sage. With Transcendence you can get out with only one tick, which is more than manageable. Hunker down also works here. Scamper works well. A guardian could Guardian Leap to a gunslinger. I'm not sure if the circle is force or melee damage, but either Resilience or Dodge will work. There are a myriad of ways to minimize the damage. The timing between pulls is very consistent, so you can pop a defensive cooldown or throw out bubbles preemptively. After it's over, ball up for a group heal. This is all basic stuff if a group plans to do further content, especially operations. Learn it here in a fight that is otherwise very simple.

I was astonished to see people complaining about this boss. Yes, if you don't notice the circle or get hit by too many ticks the fight will be a problem, but that's the whole point. I don't like the idea of exploiting this fight because it's a very common mechanic, and many fights that are much more difficult have something similar. If a group can't do it here, they'll have trouble elsewhere too.
~ Darth Decimal ~