View Single Post

AshlaBoga
04.25.2013 , 01:47 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Video or it didn't happen

Now, I understand that some hardcore people in their hardcore gear can 3-man it. Hell, we 3-manned one of bossess at Athiss, due to DPS dying. But, we have to consider, that there are many people who are new to MMOs. They are still learning, and they may struggle with the content.

The solution however is not to nerf the content, but somehow help those less fortunate with gear, who are still on start of their learning curve, don't have money to buy crafted gear and don't have chars who can craft items for them. I can afford few wipes, if that would teach someone some things about playing this game.
I agree. 3 manned HM Athiss yesterday (my HK-51 was our 2nd dps) but that doesn't mean it's easy. The new content is tuned for Campaign (146 gear). I know some people did it in min-maxed Rakata with augments but that's the hardcores even I think that doing it in Rakata gear would be tough (not impossible but tough).

Currently people need to get as much basic gear (level 66) as they level up. Which means people who hit 55 via PvP or space missions are going to be at a disadvantaged unless they already have Campaign or better.

I suggest that just as you can trade 40 WZ comms for 1 Planetary, you could trade 60 WZ comms for 1 Basic. I don't PvP even a 50th as much as I PvE but I think this would help.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption