Hello again everyone,
The weekend is upon us! We've been listening to your feedback, and I wanted to be sure to give you folks an update about where we currently stand with regards to the various Crew Skill issues you're seeing.
As I stated in my last update, Patch 2.0.1 will contain a number of Crew Skill fixes:
You can expect to see these on Tuesday, though if anything changes, I'll let you know.
- Tier 23 and 26 Armstech Augments now have the correct crafting times.
- Arkanian Relics will now be listed in the correct category in the Artifice Crafting Window.
- Successful Gathering Missions above level 400+ will now provide more crafting materials.
- Increased the number of Bio-Mechanical Interface Chips and Thermal Regulators provided as rewards for level 400+ Slicing missions.
Additionally, we are aware of various issues with Crafting Skills. While I am not currently able to give you any solid time frame on these yet, here are our plans to address them:
- Reduction of cost for all Premium quality Medium & Heavy items
- Reduction in the amount of blue Underworld Metals are needed for some schematics
- Reduction of cost for all Premium quality Light, Medium & Heavy items
- Reduction in the amount of blue Archaeology Treasure Hunting items are needed for some schematics
- Hollinium will no longer be acquirable through doing missions
- The value of Hollinium will be slightly increased to compensate players their credits lost on those missions
- Perfect Carbonic Crystal will no longer be acquirable through doing missions
- The value of Perfect Carbonic Crystal will be slightly increased to compensate players their credits lost on those missions
- Reduction of cost for all Premium quality Earpieces
- Reduction in the amount of blue Underworld Metals are needed for some earpiece schematics
As we implement, test, and schedule these changes, I'll be proving you with more updates.
- The resource costs for all 401-450 crafted items will all be rebalanced to require a variety of all four Premium quality Bioanalysis materials:
- Metabolic Enhancement Agent
- Biological Compounding Chemical
- Artificial Microbe
- Virial Residue
- The resource cost of items requiring Prototype and Artifact Medical Materials will be standardized for all Biochem schematics
Finally, to address a couple of things that are not above, specifically Slicing Lockbox returns and the abundance of Armormech Glove Schematics from Underworld Trading, we are aware of the reports, and they are still being researched.
Thanks again to everyone for assistance and understanding while we actively work to iron out the kinks our Elder Game Crew Skills!
This is all great, but I would like to point out there is still the problem of visually identical mission discoveries. For instance there are (at least) two UT purple missions you can get, but their icons and descriptions are identical so there is no way to tell them apart without actually trying to use each individual one. I have heard that the issue also exists for some other crew skills as well.
Also, if you crit on the purple UT missions, you actually get less Beryllius (like 4 as opposed to 6), but more of its Synthweaving equivalent, 7 as opposed to 3. This doesn't seem fair to either side that wants these mats, since people who want metals have to hope they don't get a crit, or else they will get more of something they don't want and less of something they do. And those who want the fabrics are in an even worse position since they have to pray for a crit or else they won't get jack! Granted, this isn't a big deal since the fabric is dirt cheap on the GTN, but I still thought I should point it out.
Also, thank you for the regular updates!