View Single Post

DawnAskham
04.18.2013 , 07:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
The thread is more for expectations of everyday PuG's rather than what experienced raiders can do, for example on olok with the droids while 2k DPS is achievable in itemized 61's can you really expect just every BH geared PuG to be hitting the 2k required (in story mode) to clear the droids off each line in a minute (going by the 500k a line rule) in just black hole?

I think it's asking too much to accept people two tiers under the recommended gear level (156) when forming a group, problem is we are probably used to seeing people over 20K HP in the raid frame and thinking they are geared enough for any content however now on 2.0 I'm thinking 20K HP is the new "15K HP" if you get my drift?
Very much so, though you have to be much more aware of other stats now as so much of the gear available is heavy endurance with lots of junk secondary stats.

From what I've seen, looking at someones HP isn't going to tell you much there as doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between performance and HP, other than at the extreme low end (e.g. so little HP it is clear they don't even have 61 / 63 gear).

On the other hand, I see a strong correlation between good performance and having people in optimized gear, even if a goof bit of their mods are 61 / 63, and a strong correlation between average to low performance and people wearing whatever non-optimized crap itemization gear Bioware stuck on the vendors or loot tables.

For me, I'll take players in mostly optimized gear sets, even those with a good bit of older gear mods and having lower HP, over players with a lot of HP wearing all new gear that is stock / non-optimized.

I just find a very strong correlation between performance and gear optimization that suggests players with the ability and willingness to optimize will also be players that will perform better in an Operation.

And right now, optimized players may easily have several K less HP than non-optimized players.