View Single Post

04.17.2013 , 05:54 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Malastare View Post
Agreed. You want a greater advantage based on gear. I want a lesser advantage. Either of them are opinions. My only minor disagreement here is that there may be some discussion warranted based on the simple lesson that I, a reasonable good PvP player who gets a lot of enjoyment from PvP, was driven away by the level of advantage that you want. Conversely: You are annoyed by the level of advantage that I want, because ... it doesn't make you feel as cool, and it may eventually cause you to stop playing PvP. Either way: it's a potential player lost.

The minor discussion could be simply trying to gauge how many players are like you and how many are like me. I don't know the numbers and I won't put down a guess here, but its something that the community and Bioware could/should take interest in.

This is where we strongly disagree. The reward you want is to be able to annoy/drive away players. You are explicitly asking for an advantage strong enough to overcome skill, to the point that no starting player has any hope of defeating you in 1-on-1 battle.

I find that silly and harmful to the PvP player base. I also feel that it cheapens PvP and gives players in high-level PvP armor a bad reputation as people who grind for the explicit purpose of gaining an advantage that will let them appear to be skilled.
I can't keep saying the same things over and over again. Please read my former posts. I don't want to drive anyone away. I am still here after the grind so why would I think that it would drive other players away? I don't think it would drive other players away. It hasn't driven yyou away either. That is where we fundamentally disagree, and I don't know how much more we can beat a dead horse. I also don't want an advantage "to be cool." I want my time invested in PVP to reap a gear advantage which gives me an edge in PVP. That is how almost every single PVP paradigm is set up in every MMO on the market. I am not suggesting a novel concept. We just disagree about the degree of advantage that should be gained. That's all. I don't know what else can be said.