Thread: Augments
View Single Post

Raansu
04.17.2013 , 12:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ronniehenlau View Post
Well, when nobody is bothering to test on the PTS, there aint much point in keeping it up for testing, is there? Talked to a few from my server, who was in the queue during EU prime time for 2-3 hours without a pop. Do tell me good sir, how should they test it? Do you expect their internal QA department to never let a single bug slide through? We players can affect a huge chunk of their bug-resolving, but not when nobody can be bothered to test. Personally, I wasnt on the PTS. Despite several small (and a few bigger) issues with lots of things I care about (pvp, Makeb, operative roll etc), I voided my right to complain about their buggy release when I decided not to waste my precious time testing. They did also fix a lot of the issues from the PTS, and they explained very thorougly why they decided to launch it as-is.

Would you have been ok if they had launched everything for the game (pve-wise), but kept pvp-content (balancing, brackets etc) as they were pre-2.0? I'm pretty sure you wouldnt, and you would all be crying 'ZOMG Y U DO DIS BW FIX PVP IM GETTING OWNED BY 55s IN CONQ MY EWH GEAR COUNTS FOR NOTHING Q_Q'. (When I say you, I dont specifically mean the person I quoted, I mean the general 'You').

Ah, the tears of gear>skill people. They make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

TL;DR: BW are doing their own tests, but bugs tend to slide through. Stuff happens. Get over it.

Edit: Im not sure why I bothered replying to this Q_Q thread, probably to back up Jeeses. He's not alone, he's just part of the vocal minority, while trolls and whiners (yes that's you kids) are often in the vocal majority.
I don't know about you and your EU buddies, but the test server was plenty full when I was on it. Plenty of people were testing it, plenty of people were giving feedback, BW chose to ignore the feedback. And to top it all off, the bug the OP is talking about was running rampant on the PTS and was fixed. No excuse for a bug that was fixed to return.