View Single Post

grallmate
04.16.2013 , 10:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Slivovidze View Post
I have a few questions.

After 2.0, my defensive stats dropped sharply. From like 30% defense and 48something shield and absorb, I'm down on like 16% defense and not even 30 shield and absorb. Is that normal for all tanks, did healers get some buffs, or am I just doing something wrong? My healer on Cademimu last night seemed to be struggling to keep me alive in tougher pulls, but we managed to clear the flashpoint easily. I'm not the fastest to grab top gear in the game, so I am now kinda afraid that I'll not be able to run HM flashpoints with not-so-pro healers (that's no offense to them, this one was just a pro) before I get at least full rank69 gear. I honestly don't believe that rank66's, or even the 69's are gonna pull me back to the real "tank" feeling.
TLDR for this paragraph: With new stat balance, I don't feel wuite as tanky as I used to. Is that okay?
I've noticed the same and the problem is 2 fold. Firstly we're back at the start of the gear curve so everyone is a bit weaker than they were at the end of the last one. Secondly tank stats have been greatly devalued and champion mob damage had been decreased to compensate (presumably because the tanks were pretty tough to kill in PVP on PTS). I have a feeling that regular (sub-champion) mobs didn't have their damage adjusted when the change was made so the trash hits a LOT harder than the bosses. As you gear up it'll be better but it won't ever be what it was.

Quote:
I have 4 campaing armorings with the set bonus. Is it better to keep these until I get better set armorings, or should I just replace them by better ones, destroying the set bonus? (I feel like the 20% on Blade Barrier is pretty useful)
I don't really have an answer for you here, its really up to you. Personally I'd replace the set bonus for 69 pieces but I wouldn't for 63.

Quote:
Another question regarding gearing. In this KeyboardNinja's thread, I see what stats I'm aiming for. Since I am mostly heavily confused in regards of modifications, I'd like to ask if there are any general tips on getting stats proficiently, like what stat is best to be getting from what mod, what kind of mods should I avoid overally and what stat is best to get through augments.
It really depends on your stat budget as to how much of each you want. I will say though that most comms purchaseable gear is either shield/absorb enhancements or defence/alacrity or defence/accuracy. Shield/Defence seems to only come from drops or maybe the other tank classes gear which is really painful. As such I tend to be grabbing Defence wherever I can and only using Absorb where I'm forced to. Similarly, I'll be augmenting for Defence entirely.

Quote:
What relics should I wear? I guess my Matrix Cube isn't cool anymore, and my other one is Shrouded Crusader - the clicky shield and absorb. What relics do you use?
I'm using an old EWH Defence and an Arkanian Proc Defence relic at the moment. I'm a fan of the clickies personally and may end up using one instead of the EWH. I tended to use the Shrouded Crusader in the past since it was less prone to poor RNG but with the changed curves I haven't worked out which is more useful yet. I'm still leaning towards the Shield/Absorb clicky though.

Quote:
I've also noticed that absorb adrenals changed. The post-50 are +shield and +absorb instead of +armor rating. Which one should I use?
At current the old Rakata gives me about +6.5% DR whereas the new Nano-Infused gives me +8.4% Shield and +7.3% Absorb with my current gear. I'll still be using my old Rakata one.

Quote:
I'm sorry these questions aren't really guardian-related, but I didn't want to make another topic (it would probably be you answering it anyways) or join the proffessional discussions in tanking forums.
That's fine, just remember you can post wherever and we'll try help: we don't bite
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]