View Single Post

SW_display_name
04.16.2013 , 12:41 PM | #9
You said
Quote: Originally Posted by skullkandy View Post
I like playing the healing role but i've noticed it takes so long to pop for a flashpoint queue as healer because half the population plays mercs and queue as healer.[
and
Quote:
I swear every flashpoint I get into with any of my characters has at least one merc and not one single time have I seen a merc cast a heal on anyone but themselves.
and
Quote:
If you want to dps then dps, but don't clog up the healer queue and take up a spot in a flashpoint for a real healer.
Which I disagreed with because
  • I don't actually see that many Mercs in my groups as Healer, and I run a lot of FPs since my Tank queue pops constantly
  • When I do have a Merc healer, they do a very good job and aren't trying to off-spec it as DPS. And certainly not any more often than Sorcs or Ops that I might encounter doing that (rarely).

I don't see how my response is mis-reading anything you said. I'm just disagreeing with you: sure, people queueing as the "wrong" role is annoying, but I don't see it happening disproportionately more with Mercs. And almost all the Mercs I encounter are good at their role.