Why do the taxi's on Makeb insta warp?

Dawginole

I have found it really ironic that we have these taxis on other planets that force you to go on the awful long rides through dreary planets, but then on the most beautiful planet that BW has created so far with simply amazing vistas you do an insta warp for your taxis instead of letting us get to fly around these floating mesas to see all the tremendous art work.

Such a shame. :/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found it really ironic that we have these taxis on other planets that force you to go on the awful long rides through dreary planets, but then on the most beautiful planet that BW has created so far with simply amazing vistas you do an insta warp for your taxis instead of letting us get to fly around these floating mesas to see all the tremendous art work.

Such a shame. :/

Yup. Mentioned this on my review of makeb as well.

Actually, it blacks over your screen and you just zoom through makeb REALLY fast. It didn't black out for me one time, so I watched the speeder slowly take off, and then go a million miles an hour to my destination. Somewhat entertaining actually.

Actually, it blacks over your screen and you just zoom through makeb REALLY fast. It didn't black out for me one time, so I watched the speeder slowly take off, and then go a million miles an hour to my destination. Somewhat entertaining actually.

That's actually just your character passing out from the acceleration. lol

insta warp taxies lamo guess ill be riding my speeder then so i can view the new exp pack rather then just miss half the new content

what a joke :eek:

That may might be a bit more difficult then you think.

Lol what content do you experience riding a taxi? You aren't missing much. If they have you go to black screen during travel, tere aren't any visuals to miss.

And the way makeb is set up, you can't speeder to a lot of the points. Just taxi. Relax people, for the first game expansion, this one ROCKS!!

insta warp taxies lamo guess ill be riding my speeder then so i can view the new exp pack rather then just miss half the new content

what a joke :eek:

That may might be a bit more difficult then you think.

lol Yeah Magnus, Makeb is a bunch of floating desert mesa's. Think the Avatar film where there were the floating sections of earth. It's like that. You have to take taxi's to the various sections. You'll see tomorrow. :)

I personally find it more convenient this way...I'd be happy if all the taxis (especially the Alderaan ones) were instant.

I know what you mean, although something between the two would be nice too, you know fast enough that a Taxi ride doesn't take fifteen minutes but slow enough for you to see some of the scenery, maybe two-three times the speed of the current Taxi's.

P.S. EA if you're reading this nice scenery is not the main point of a game, speed up the Taxi's.

/rolls eyes at mmo players

yeah insta warp to trash mobs... awesome

nar shaddaa has some of the most awesome taxi rides, along with some of the other planets. why would you be happy to lose that for a loading screen?

would it of really made your rush to 55 so unbearable that you couldnt be the first to complain theres nothing to do and you leveled too fast

/rolls eyes at mmo players

yeah insta warp to trash mobs... awesome

nar shaddaa has some of the most awesome taxi rides, along with some of the other planets. why would you be happy to lose that for a loading screen?

would it of really made your rush to 55 so unbearable that you couldnt be the first to complain theres nothing to do and you leveled too fast

Can I roll my eyes along with you? I can't believe some of the people are actually vouching for this change. Must be min/maxers.

While we're at it, why not get rid of flying mounts on Alderaan? I mean, who cares about actually feeling like you're in a living, breathing world, right? It's all about the stats. :rolleyes:

Edited by Machine-Elf

So to sum up the thread, instant taxis ruin the immersion and waste scenery but we want instant travel everywhere as the scenry and immersion is not the game and so irrelevant.

Conclusion? Make it optional.

Though I'd rather they didn't.

Edited by Machine-Elf