View Single Post

thomaswaits
03.29.2013 , 05:02 AM | #52
If you are in the game for the long haul, and are willing to invest some credits and time reverse-engineering, you can still make plenty of money crafting. I spent the first few months following release gathering mats and r- engineering, building a large selection of artifact quality items that have made me a fortune. I have three characters that I have leveled to 50, but I also have several that I made solely to craft. I have a character for all crafting professions and I can't think of one profession that I can't make plenty of credits with. Armomech and Synth were a disappointment for a few months, true, but now I make a killing selling augments and kits. Reverse-engineering is a temporary money sink, yes. If you don't intend on playing the game for an extended period, or if you are a casual player, it's probably not going to do you any good. But if you play often, those purple items pay off if you keep an eye on what is hot and what is not. This may not be the case on all servers but it certainly is on mine.

Yeah, I've definitely RE'd some junk. But I've also learned how to craft some items that I can't seem to craft fast enough to keep pace with sales.