View Single Post

Khevar
03.28.2013 , 01:20 PM | #1119
Quote: Originally Posted by Emencie View Post

It would mean less money going to EA. Would it mean enough money going to EA to keep development on the game? Perhaps. I cant say either way. But I do know without the nickle and dime CM we wouldn't be playing SWTOR today.

(emphasis added by me)

I'm stunned that you are an apologist of this practice.

I posit that it is possible to put a variety of interesting and useful things in the Cartel Market, that will generate the same revenue of the Cartel Pack RNG-loop-drop inanity. It requires intelligence, it requires creativity, it requires forethought, it requires surveying fans, it requires abilities found in good game designers.

On the flipside, it is cheap, easy and lazy to toss another Cartel Pack on the market with more rare loot.

I'm not lobbying for the Cartel Market to shut down or to stop making money. I'm lobbying for the corporate-suit-mentality to take a hike and have the team be forced to come up with worthwhile alternatives.

My pleas on this subject will never be heeded by EA. They're making money hand-over-fist with the cheap, easy, no-effort solution. Why should they work harder? But I'm still going to bring it up anyway.

I'm disappointed to run into someone whose standards are such that they not only defend this, but claim it's the only way the game was saved from oblivion.