View Single Post

Khevar
03.27.2013 , 09:57 PM | #1106
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
My ability to respond to your questions with quotes from my original post leads me to request you read the entire post, because my personal feeling is...

You stopped yourself there too
*sigh*

I actually did read your post. All the way to the tippy tippy mostest end, even!

Okay, since you consider that your original response addresses all of my points (which is doesn't in my estimation), let me narrow down to one specific part.
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
The crafting method is more to acknowledge the crafters than give them an amazing new market. In the case that players no longer buy these items off of the Cartel Market and sell them on the GTN, crafters are a backup plan.
Let's pretend this is true. Let's pretend that Bioware wasn't trying to give crafters a new market. Let's just say that their intention was to "acknowledge the crafters"

Now let's go back to one of the points I made:
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Do you realize it wasn't even worth it to craft parts for friends just for the materials. The friend could sell the 4 molecs it would take to make ONE part and use the money buy ALL SIX parts off the GTN.
How is this an acknowledgement of crafters? "We know you like to craft stuff, so here's something you can craft that requires a lot of grinding to learn how to do, a lot of expensive materials, oh, and we're going to let players with lots of disposable income undercut you"

I see that you're willing to concede "I do believe Bioware miscalcuated the value these items would settle at on the GTN" and yet you find fault with every suggestion to balance the situation, and consider that everything ended up fair, just and logical.

That an entire set of crafting added to the game was rendered completely obsolete through the Cartel Market.

This is not an idea borne of a developer that loves the game and crafting and wants it to be made fun and interesting and useful. This is an idea borne of a someone trying to make a profit at the EXPENSE of gameplay.